Candles - page 25

Candles formations and brokers question

Hi all,

I ve got this question that troubles me that has to do with candles and brokers.

Whenever i m looking at a candle price (open/close/high/low) on a chart on broker A, on another broker B, the very same candle price differs.

Generally almost all candles have more or less different open/close/high/low prices on each broker. I know this is normal since there is no central forex exchange platform and each broker has its own exchange.

But as a result of this, i cant be sure when a candle opens, if this new candle (any timeframe) is an insideor anoutside candle since on broker A i have the scenario:

Candle 1 close: 1.43561

Candle 2 open: 1.43561

and broker B scenario:

Candle 1 close: 1.43561

Candle 2 open: 1.43564

and broker C scenario:

Candle 1 close: 1.43560

Candle 2 open: 1.43559

and so on. Each broker makes its own prices. You cant even rely on candle patterns while they are forming! Only after candles have been formed and closed (and a new one is opened and so on) .

So how do i handle this? Do i use candle patterns?(inside,outside,tweezers,dojis etc) or is it better to just ignore them?

Because i just cant stand and listen to gurus keep talking about candle patters etc but on a chart on that everything is already formed.

TFs I m looking at are from 5m up to 4H.

Thanks

Athan

V. Simple Alert Required...

Hi,

If you can build a very simple alert which has optional popup box and a shape over the candle when the alert forms on the close of a candle, I would like an alert for a very simple crossover of two indicators in one window of the charts.

PM me please.

Suk

yellow candle

First sorry for my bad English,

I wonder if you know a system that gives the course a day appears candle yellow and above it is to buy or below it is to sell. It is a system used in the index, but I'm sure it would be very promising also in the forex.

If anyone know of an indicator system or similar please post!

multi timeframe candle sticks

does anybody know how to draw the special interval candlestick? Such as 3M,7M. Thanks a lot.

It was some indicator for that on this thread.

Also - look at here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177625

Custom candle mod

hey...

I've had this idea for an indicator for a while but don't really know how to make it. I thought of it after using customcandle for a little while.

It basically would use the same style as custom candle to draw a superimposed candle on top of any consecutive candles that move in the same direction. It wouldn't have anything to do with the time frames like custom candle, though. So it might be easier to make in that regard. Basically, the logic would only be concerned with whether or not there are multiple candles moving in the same direction.

I think this would be especially valuable if used with session data or something like markethours.mq4.

Anyone agree?

I might just start breaking down customcandle and see if I can do it on my own. But maybe there's an expert out there who sees value in this and can do it in less than the two months it'll take me to do it!

Cheers

Files:

candle stick indicator really repaint

so all the wrong ones (recent ones ) will not be there when you watch it

i.e. if you use it for ranging market -- super bad idea

Candlesticks,

How candlestick indicator can repaint since candle is placed and closed and it is doing the next one allready 3xi ?.

Candlesticks combinations patterns are awesome, even some individual reversal candlesticks are.

Candles

It doesn't matter if it repaints. It's going to be used for analysis, not for signals.

Megandle = Megacandle

Alright. So I've started deconstructing and building my own version of custom candle. It's dependent on trends rather than on time.

I think I have all the logic in place to set the correct open and close prices for the indicator. But now that I'm actually trying to draw the candles, they aren't drawing.

Can anyone take a look?

Also, I pretty much abandoned the prospect of using shadows because I couldn't wrap my head around it and it seemed needlessly complicated.

Thanks if you can help!

Files:
megandle.mq4  4 kb
Reason: