Ask! - page 166

like to help out to any of the contributors in this thread -- very close to what you expected, I bet

3 Buffers Needed

Can anyone code in 3 buffers to reflect what the output values are for three levels of alarms in this indicator?? I would very much appreciate your help!!

David

Files:

Does anyone know how to manually (or auto) to adjust charts to the left, even more to the left with "Chart shift" enabled? I have indicators on the right (set sized grayed out boxes) and the chart constantly runs over them.

By the way it probably of the indicators on the right hand side, at the top of the chart there no little black arrow you can click and drag this left or right to any position (as you would normally see).

Please explain how you did it.

goldivx:
Nevermind. I figured it out.

Hi Goldivx,

Please explain how you did it, I am too trying to achieve somehting similar.

Regards

Ed

Question On Output Values

1Dave7:
Can anyone code in 3 buffers to reflect what the output values are for three levels of alarms in this indicator?? I would very much appreciate your help!! David

Hi David,

I looked at the indicator and the alerts are actually the only output that I see in the code.

There are no values being obtained or passed to any variables. You set the Price Above, Price Below, Price Exact and these are +/- from Bid and Ask.

The alerts are the output that these events happened...not values.

I may be missing something...so I'm curious - what kind of outputs are you looking for with this indicator?

Thanks,

Robert

cosmiclifeform:
Hi David,

I looked at the indicator and the alerts are actually the only output that I see in the code.

There are no values being obtained or passed to any variables. You set the Price Above, Price Below, Price Exact and these are +/- from Bid and Ask.

The alerts are the output that these events happened...not values.

I may be missing something...so I'm curious - what kind of outputs are you looking for with this indicator?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert, I wanted to import the variable values into an EA. I studied an indicator and figured it out - Thanks for trying to help me!

Sort Variables by highest to lowest

I have a list of Currency Index's and want to rank them from high to low in value. How do I do a sort on these values (See example below):

EUR = 59;

GBP = 48;

AUD = 64;

CHF = 55;

JPY = 59;

CAD = 57;

USD = 63;

Thanks in advance - I would like to know how to code this properly!!

David

References For Arrays

1Dave7:
I have a list of Currency Index's and want to rank them from high to low in value. How do I do a sort on these values (See example below):

EUR = 59;

GBP = 48;

AUD = 64;

CHF = 55;

JPY = 59;

CAD = 57;

USD = 63;

Thanks in advance - I would like to know how to code this properly!!

David

Hi David,

Thanks for the question on arrays. I'm new to arrays and I've been wanting to learn about them as well, so I did a quick search.

Found these links on MT4 forum:

ArraySort - MQL4 Documentation

MQL4 definition

MQL4 Language for Newbies. Difficult Questions in Simple Phrases. - MQL4 Articles

MQL4 example and tutorial

Additional posts on array sorting:

sort list - MQL4: search

counting objects by time (past to present) - MQL4 forum

Closing multiple positions according FIFO rule - MQL4 forum

Ordering Variables By Quantity? - MQL4 forum

Found this here on TSD forum:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178944

Code: test sort.mq4 (attached)

Good luck with the next steps and please share what you come up with. I want to learn more.

Also , I'm still curious...what did you figure out/learn with the indicator...and what are you doing with it now?

Hope the above links helps you with arrays,

Robert

PS - in "test sort.mq4" I fixed a small bug in the Print statements and I formatted it better to view in the Journal logs. This version is named Test Sort1.mq4

Files:

If variable E=2, how do I get the array to accept the value of E?? I am so close, yet so far! - Can one of you coding pro's help me get past this barrier!!

double num_array[];

num_array[7]={2,3,8,1,9,4,7}; //{E=2,G=3,A=8,CF=1,J=9,CD=4,U=7}

ArraySort(num_array);

ArraySort(num_array,WHOLE_ARRAY,0,MODE_DESCEND);

1) This does not work: num_array[7]={E,G,A,CF,J,CD,U};

2) I tried DoubleToStr(E,0) in place of E - This does not work either.

David

How to change indicators called in an e.a.?

Peace and blessings everyone.

I am trader w/ the ability to change colors and basic values of indicators, nothing more @ this point. I am not too much interested in delving deep into the world of programming however there is something simple that I'd like to do but am not sure as to whether or not it's as easy as it seems.

Background on the e.a.:

I contracted someone on rent-a-coder to write it up for me. However, because of the potential profitability of the method, my desire to keep the proprietary.....proprietary, and human nature, I chose to provide the programmer w/ indicators that are basically 95% similar (the way they draw, the logic, etc) to the actual ones I truly use, but were missing an extra little edge that makes the method.....sharp. Now that it's been completed and error free, I tested the e.a. w/ the "unrefined" version of the indicators on time-based charts and even w/ them missing the "UMPH!", were still breakeven over the long term however I know w/ the proper versions inserted AND used on Renko bars (or even still on time-based), it will be a whole new ball game. Problem is, I'm not entirely clear on how to change them out.

They were called through iCustom in the e.a. vs. being hard-coded in, that much, I do know. Not sure if there is anything else I need to change else where in the e.a though and also unsure as to whether or not I have to put the values for the indies into the e.a. or if I can just set them directly in the indicator codes via MetaEditor, thus make it easier on myself, seeing as how there isn't a desire to optimize anything possibly EXCEPT maybe one value for one indicator, which has already been coded into the e.a., allowing me optimize if I so choose.

Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. I give thanks in advance.

FFL

Reason: