Why are the MT4 and MT5 terminal and editor not receiving any updates anymore?

Hi everyone, it's been a couple of months since the last update for both MT5 and MT4. I'm wondering if the developers could shed some light on what we can expect next from Metaquotes. Are they currently working on a major update with new features? Are all resources dedicated to development of the iOS and Android apps?

evan86:
Hi everyone, it's been a couple of months since the last update for both MT5 and MT4. I'm wondering if the developers could shed some light on what we can expect next from Metaquotes. Are they currently working on a major update with new features? Are all resources dedicated to development of the iOS and Android apps?

Metaquotes updates don't come at a fixed pace.

evan86:

Metaquotes already announced more than a year ago that there would be no new developments for MT4, and that they would focus exclusively on MT5. Since then for MT4 there has only been bug fixes. In MT5 they have launched several updates with new features, etc. It is not known when it will be next.

In the Russian forum, the CEO of MetaQuotes
also said that they were going to release a major update and modernization of MetaEditor:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/191557#comment_4979905

Regards.

Редактор MetaEditor Опрос, пожелания, вопросы
Редактор MetaEditor Опрос, пожелания, вопросы
  • www.mql5.com
Нужно улучшить редактор MetaEditor Нужно дать возможность полноценно работать в других редакторах Ничего делать не нужно...

Thanks Jose, I wasn't aware of any such announcement. A big update to the editor would be very welcome! I'm looking forward for this to be released but I understand it's a big job so I'll be patient.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New design of Freelance!

Renat Fatkhullin, 2017.10.05 13:42

We have already implemented a new global georeferenced system of the messenger to be instead of the current one. Soon we will roll out.

There all this will be: the exchange of files, screenshots, sound, etc.

More to follow: there will be new MetaEditor with new group-work and with projects.

Do we have to backup our old messages or will they just keep the database ?

Marco vd Heijden:

Do we have to backup our old messages or will they just keep the database ?

If this question is to me so I do not know sorry.

Reason: