Laguerre indicator - page 9

mladen:
Please, reread the original post what are the signal No crossing different color Red are losing trades, black are not

understood thanks, question can add a signal (graphic Object)

Hi all,

Good to see the system i use have made you think!

The "no trade zone" of Mladen is exactly the criterion i use for my laguerre crossing signals. If you think that laguerre filter can indicate a pullback by sticking 1. or 0.0 extreme lines, it is more risky to enter when the pullback is near (or more grave: near a changing trend by touching 0.15 or 0.85 lines). You could risk to change your small profits to a losing trade. Plus, a laguerre RSI in an overbought/oversold zone is the classic signal of a narrow-limited indicator, so a signal is this zone seems to be more efficient.

I have not precised the other criteria i use with laguerre in my first post, because i first wanted to resolve the "repaint" problem of the laguerre filter. But i can explain my strategy now (precising i use other indicators to open more often), if it can help someone.

To enter a trade, my three laguerre indicators have to be oriented in the correct direction, when the red laguerre ACS1 and the yellow laguerre filter cross together. The laguerre filter is quite slow. When it changes its direction (for example when it were a long range period after a long trend), you can think you're in a new long trend. Plus, the crossing has to be clean-cut to make a better impulse. I wait usually 1 candle (maybe 2 when the two laguerres are sticking) after the crossing to confirm my entry, and i open at the upper/lower of the precedent candle.

In a winning trend, i try to guess the pullbacks when: 1) IMPORTANT the red ACS1 laguerre is sticking the 0.0 1.0 extreme lines, 2) the blue ACS1 laguerre is pointing up and then down (it is a very reactive indicator), 3) and the yellow laguerre filter doesn't change its direction (for a long trade: this indicator is pointed up or horizontal).

I quit the trade when there is another crossing in the "no trade zone", expecting 1-2 candles after a clean-cut crossing to confirm it. As in the entry, a red/yellow laguerre "sticking" crossing (i mean: not clean-cut) can be a signal of continuing trend, so i should'nt maybe quit my trade too quickly. Plus, i use classic laguerre RSI signal to quit a trade, when my red laguerre crosses the 0.15 or 0.85 lines by making a new classical entry signal.

Laguerre indicator + RSI + stoch..............how about it

zarasa:
Laguerre indicator + RSI + stoch..............how about it

I can't say that to you, because i have not tested that alternative. Maybe these 2 indicators could indicate and support a trend reversal with the laguerre combination i have tried...

I have switched the technic i presented above. It's not because it doesn't work... The reason was i had another tested technical strategy, and i had to diversify with more different trading things like news, etc. But i'm always interested about feedback with this combination or with laguerre in general!

Is there a Laguerre that has alerts when it reaches the overbought or oversold levels? It would contribute greatly to the quality of my sleep

loumanchew:
Is there a Laguerre that has alerts when it reaches the overbought or oversold levels? It would contribute greatly to the quality of my sleep

have funlaguerrealert.mq4

Files:

mladen:
forexx.ch

Your post and your way of using the Laguerre indicators made me think (which is a rare thing ). And then I decided to make a kind of a "all Laguerre indicator" to see what happens.

Now, that would be all about Laguerre for now. forexx.ch I hope this one can help you in your trading. This one does not repaint at all, so you should not have any problem in using it in "signaling mode"

Dear Mladen

Is it possible to add 'color on rsi line & color on overbought/oversold zone on signal line' in attached indicator (as shown in picture!) ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

Difference Laguerre indicator

Good morning to all:

Hello mladen:

Because the difference between these two indicators.

I do not understand, I think I'm using the same setting.

Can you help me please.

1º Indicator: Laguerre RSI x 3

2º Indicator: Laguerre RSI zero line nmc

Can you help me please.

A big hug.

Hermo.

Hermo:
Good morning to all:

Hello mladen:

Because the difference between these two indicators.

I do not understand, I think I'm using the same setting.

Can you help me please.

1º Indicator: Laguerre RSI x 3

2º Indicator: Laguerre RSI zero line nmc

Can you help me please.

A big hug.

Hermo.

Hermo

Set all 3 gamas to same values but also set the Smooth1, Smooth2 and Smooth3 to 0, Then you are going to get exactly the same values. Smoothing in the two is different. The "x 3" is using simple moving average. The "zero line" version is using a sort of a triangular moving average (non repainting tma) and they can not be the same when smoothing is turned on

Files:
laguerre.gif  77 kb

Updated Laguerre rsi : laguerre_rsi_v1.01_mtf_nmc.mq4

Originally it was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173022/page3

Reason: