Fractals - page 2

ForexBoss:
arrow dont disapper during bar?

Author is maloma and he said the arrows don't disappear during the bar. It is strange for zigzag but he said it several times: this indicator is not painting the past.

Personally I did not check.

He suggested to use this indicator for scalping for M15 timeframe and less (chart with candles). Or use it for more serious trading with M30 and higher timeframe. You may read it on the link I posted before.

i think that it is dont change during bar.

see the picture 5 min time frame

Files:
honour.jpg  22 kb

newdigital:
Arrow on the current bar and dot on the 3rd bar are showing simultaniously. Indicator is not "painting the past". So look at the dot and arrow with the same color. Arrows are not the signals to enter. More explanation about this indicator you may find here.

Everything is in russian language,any possibility to view this site in English.

newdigital:
Arrow on the current bar and dot on the 3rd bar are showing simultaniously. Indicator is not "painting the past". So look at the dot and arrow with the same color. Arrows are not the signals to enter. More explanation about this indicator you may find here.

Sorry to ask ND, but what dot? I only see the arrows.

Linuxser:
Sorry to ask ND, but what dot? I only see the arrows.

Can not find anything on the link to Russian forum. Seems they deleted the whole thread.

Fractals indicator modifications

Hello everyone. This is my first post here.

Let me first thank all those who have posted their great ideas and indicators here. Especially some of the indicators found here have really improved my trading tremendously. Thanks!

At the moment, I'm looking for an improved version of the fractal indicator(s).

The idea behind the fractal indicator is simply to have it indicate the highest/lowest bar amongst a certain number of bars. The basic setting of the fractal indicator found as one of the MT default indicators (in the folder called "Williams"), is to have it indicate the highest/lowest maximum/minimum in every 5 candles (or if you prefer: to have it indicate every candle that is preceded and followed by 2 candles with lower highs, and vice versa).

However, it can be very useful to change the number of candles taken into account. Any number of candles can have relevant uses. You could want to have it inidcate fractals of a higher timeframe (say, every 10 candles), in a certain fibonacci ratio (say every 8 or 13 candles), etc...

So my first question /suggestion: is there someone who could make a modification of the basic fractal indicator as found in MT, so that one can easily change the basic setting, and change the number of bars in the "input" menu?

As an option, it would be great if the shape of the fractal "hat" could be changed. Personally, I'd like it to be somewhat smaller. But this is not essential at all, just a fancy thing.

My second question /suggestion: there is this cool modification called "Fractals Ind 1.mq4" (see "Ind-Fractals-1.mq4" of the first post in this thread, and see attached picture), which shows the fractals of the 15m, 1h, 4h and 1day timeframes, with different colors.

Is there someone who could modify that indicator so that instead of just having the default setting, one could change the setting to have the indicator show a combination of any fractals count, so that for instance instead of having it show the (colored) fractals of the 15m, 1h, 4h and 1day timeframes, it will show (with a specific color) the fractals of every 5, 10, 20 and 40 bars, or for instance the fractals of every 5, 8, 13 and 21 bars, each with its own color, with the possibility to set the number of bars in the "input" menu.

This modification will also make the indicator more relevant for certain timeframes, like the 5m or 1day timeframes.

I know there quite a few really good programmers here. So I hope someone will give it a go I've tried to modify the "Fractals Ind 1.mq4" indicator myselft, but haven't been able to find how to do it...

If it's too difficult to make a version where one can change the setting in the "input" menu, then just having a version with fractals on a fixed number of bars, instead of based on the 15m, 1h, 4h and 1day timeframes, would be great, since one could change that setting in the Metaquote editor.

Many thanks if someone can do it. These modifications will be GREAT tools, I'm sure!

Files:

Look at these indicators:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page19

Fractal Channel is better than simply fractals.

Yeah, I know it. It's a great indicator, and I use it in certain charts. Great work!

But I'm looking for a "hats" version, to draw lines for Tom DeMark trendline break type analysis (see for instance this simply variation of it, and another one here , and this article about the way DeMark uses them), as well as for having it on charts with various EMAs. For those charts, the channel sort of clutters things up. And also, as far as I can see, your channel indicator doesn't allow changing the number of bars used for the fractals. It would definitely be cool to have a version of it for which that would be possible

The most important thing is to have a fractal indicator where I can modify the number of bars used for marking the fractals.

Take care

Now I see you've also made a "MTF" version. I guess that is a "multiple time frame" version?

When I try to use it, it first momentarily freezes all functionality, and after that it doesn't show anything on my charts. I tried timeframe 0 and 1, on 15m, 30m, 1h, and 1 day chart.

Am I doing something wrong?

Errr.... or is the MTF version something to be used for the "BrainSystem"? I'm not very familiar with it... So sorry if my question seems dumb...

Reason: