Correlation indicators - page 3

Same Window

Yes sailor.. u mean i copy the same code, and place to the bottom line..?

look in the market watch window interbank have a symbol (USDCHFm) and not (USDCHF)

Sailor

Same window

Nope.. mine still USDCHF, then how can i modified the MIndex for 4 currency..

If the indicator work with 1 Then u have to left left click from custom indicator and drop it it the same window as the first simply drag and drop..

sailor

same boat

I've gone and tried to merge these windows together but who ever is talking about drag and drop we're not sure how to do that. i've not seen anywhere where you can drag and drop in MT4. i'm fairly computer savy and this software is'nt very user friendly when it comes to indicator building compared to VT trader. all that being said there are other reasons to like MT4.

if you are suggesting you can simple click into anywhere within one of the indicator windows and drag it into another indicator window its not possible unless there is a setting one must enable first... but i've not found it.

konjn

PS i've tried to put the ATR within the MACD since it falls within the same range... but no success their either.

Same window

Same here.. dizzy to make drag and drop..

Finally figured out what this whole busines of drag and drop is about.

First load the first MIndex indicator onto the chart as you would normally do.

Then in the Navigator Window, which contains the Custom Indicators, left click the MIndex indicator and while holding down the mouse key, drag it over to the "indicator window" where the first MIndex is showing. Do not drag it into the "price chart window".

Also for those of you using a mini demo account with IBFX, you need to change the symols to reflect the mini account by adding "m" after the symbol.

originally.....

ArrayCopySeries(EurUsd,MODE_CLOSE,"EURUSD");

change code to......

ArrayCopySeries(EurUsd,MODE_CLOSE,"EURUSDm");

Do this for all of the currencies listed under the ArrayCopySeries.

Now if someone could explain how we should use this indicator, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

ps. konjn I tried the MACD with ATR in the same window and it works too! Cool, learned something new today

Realy Cool

deeforex:
Finally figured out what this whole busines of drag and drop is about.

First load the first MIndex indicator onto the chart as you would normally do.

Then in the Navigator Window, which contains the Custom Indicators, left click the MIndex indicator and while holding down the mouse key, drag it over to the "indicator window" where the first MIndex is showing. Do not drag it into the "price chart window".

Also for those of you using a mini demo account with IBFX, you need to change the symols to reflect the mini account by adding "m" after the symbol.

originally.....

ArrayCopySeries(EurUsd,MODE_CLOSE,"EURUSD");

change code to......

ArrayCopySeries(EurUsd,MODE_CLOSE,"EURUSDm");

Do this for all of the currencies listed under the ArrayCopySeries.

Now if someone could explain how we should use this indicator, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

ps. konjn I tried the MACD with ATR in the same window and it works too! Cool, learned something new today

Thanx for u xplaination

what the?

dont know if you guys noticed that the custom indocator change as you scroll through the data with F12 bar by bar. Also if you zoom in ("+") or out ("-") the values also change. why would that be? surely it cannot be used if you use a large view and the value there differ from the smaller view???

Doesn't make sense.

xz

Hi.

The indicator shows relative movement of six currencies.

Lack: it is not optimized (function " IndicatorCounted () " is not used). To me it is not clear .

I have operating time on use of the indicator. If to whom interestingly I shall help. Only with English at me greater problems .

Green - USD

Blue - EUR

Red - GBP

Black - Black

RosyBrown - JPY

Orange - AUD

BlueViolet - CAD

Parameters.

candles - number of bars

shift - shift of the indicator concerning last bar

smooth_level - size of smoothing

Files: