Help please

it it possible to place an EMA in say a stochastics or macd window so I get an MA of that and not price?

u mean the EMA in a separate window ? like MACD or stochastics ?

handy148:

it it possible to place an EMA in say a stochastics or macd window so I get an MA of that and not price?

Yes, search the Codebase for different MACD versions
I'm not sure the Schocastic would work so well with an MA imposed...

-BB-

qjol:

u mean the EMA in a separate window ? like MACD or stochastics ?

no I mean an EMA in the same window as the stochastics or whatever indicator and it to be an MA of that and not the price.

I read in the book that you can place an indicator in an indicator window and that the indicator thus placed uses the data of that indicator.

Ickyrus:

I read in the book that you can place an indicator in an indicator window and that the indicator thus placed uses the data of that indicator.

u want to do it manually ? or programmatically ?

qjol:

u want to do it manually ? or programmatically ?

just manually would be fine thx

for example MA of stochastics

insert the stochastics oscillator than in the window navigator go to indicators (not custom indicators) drag and drop the moving average on the stochastics in parameters tab ---> apply to ---> Previous Indicatr's Data ---> OK

qjol:

for example MA of stochastics

insert the stochastics oscillator than in the window navigator go to indicators (not custom indicators) drag and drop the moving average on the stochastics in parameters tab ---> apply to ---> Previous Indicatr's Data ---> OK

thx but I omitted to mention that I'm an IT idiot and your explanation which would be very clear and concise to most people is meaningless to me :-(

I do appreciate your efforts though. If this explanation is available in dummies language I'd be most grateful.

Can you add an indicator to a chart?

Do you know how to display the Navigator window in MT4 and use that to add an indicator to a currency chart?

If the answer is yes to the above questions then you will know that when you add an indicator like MACD to a currency chart window you see a separate box/window at the bottom of the chart.

Some indicators (not all) can then be selected from the navigator window (it has a blue title with the word Navigator in it) with a select and hold (keep the left mouse button held down for a hold) you can drag and drop the selected indicator onto the the smaller separate window which should give you manually the effect you are looking for.

Reason: