Brainwashing. Trades: manually and using EAs - page 16

gatowman:
Hi Newdigital,

i am newbee and want to trade whit EA GBPUSD and EURUSD, manueally but better automatik whit EA.

Manuell i know that i go long, when BW is going Signal and I Trend more than 0,002, out the same.

But my EA doesnt works, you have written from "MAgicnumber for different Currencies"?

Where can i found the correctly Number for GBPUSD and EURUSD Timeframe 1h??

Please tell it me,

Thanks and regards

gatowman

Magic numbers are any numbers but different for different pair.

For example:

if you select 11111 for EURUSD so you can not select 11111 for GBPUSD. It should different for GBPUSD (22222 for example).

It may be any number but different for different pairs.

All Brainwashing versions. This week only forward testing. Close trades in pips.

newdigital:
All Brainwashing versions. This week only forward testing. Close trades in pips.

I am intrested in this EA .

Could you show longer time result of this Ea ( eg 1 year or serveral month),

and would you inform me what version EA you are forward testing ( 1c 1c1 1c2 or d1)

thanks

muyuan11:
I am intrested in this EA .

Could you show longer time result of this Ea ( eg 1 year or serveral month),

and would you inform me what version EA you are forward testing ( 1c 1c1 1c2 or d1)

thanks

1. Brainwashing 1c1. H4 timeframe.

Settings/EA were posted on this section.

EURUSD: pips in total 310.

GBPUSD: pips in total -93.

USDJPY: pips in total 369.

USDCHF: pips in total -352.

It is since January 2006. I did not change any settings. This version is not using dynamic i_trend levels so it is just "attach-and forget" settings. And this version on H4 timeframe is not trading often.

For example 2007 USDJPY:

January: +76 pips total (48 + 0 +10 +18).

February: +76 pips (no any trades in February).

March: +86 pips (0 +17 +9 - 16).

April: +177 pips.

May: +194 pips.

June: +194 pips (no any trades in June)

July: +231 pips.

August: +282.

I did not confuse between 2007 and 2006. All H4 versions are testing since January 2006.

2. Brainwashing 1c. H4 timeframe.

The results are similar with 1c1 version.

1c1 version is having a little better results.

Those versions for H4 timeframe are for long way run.

3. I am testing 1c version for M15 timeframe with and without timefilter. All the settings were posted on this section. Those versions are with dynamic i_trend level (i am estimating those filter's level every sunday and it takes 5 minutes for all).

I am testing it since Fabruary 2007. Those M15 versions are not trading ofen and it is very good to use it with manual confirmation. I mean if somebody is trading this system manually so those M15 versionsd will help a lot. It is profitable for 2 pairs.

4. Brainwashing 1c. H1 timeframe, dynamic iTrend levels.

I am testing it since Fabruary 2007 as well. It is not trading often.

Just for example, GBPUSD:

February: +32 pips.

March: +50 pips.

April: +68 pips.

May: +68 pips.

June: +68 pips.

July: +33 pips.

All the versions do not understand news movement so no need to switch EAs off during the news time.

As I said I traded this system manually live.

I am appriciated of your answer

still some question

1 . why BW SYSTEM enter trade not ofen? because of using ITtrend filter?

2 . Why should adjust ITrend level sometime . Are there some way to automate it? eg in EA , we count past 300 bar to find highest level .then filter by highest level .

3 . I 've read about BW BT ASTREND SYSTEM you posted. In BT and Astrend system your manual trade impress me . very profitable and low draw down .

Profit factor is amazing. but in BW EA not show that amazing result. why?

Is it that mean EA trade is not profitable as mannual trade? And how to compare Bw EA trade and BW manual trade . I know you are master of using indicator , so any suggestion for me newdigital . thanks

I am new to FX TRADE , I know it is very dangous to trade fx if not having rule or not following fule . I prefer to use EA when I sleep is midnight ( I am living in asia)

muyuan11:
I am appriciated of your answer

still some question

2 . Why should adjust ITrend level sometime . Are there some way to automate it? eg in EA , we count past 300 bar to find highest level .then filter by highest level .

3 . I 've read about BW BT ASTREND SYSTEM you posted. In BT and Astrend system your manual trade impress me . very profitable and low draw down .

Profit factor is amazing. but in BW EA not show that amazing result. why?

Is it that mean EA trade is not profitable as mannual trade? And how to compare Bw EA trade and BW manual trade . I know you are master of using indicator , so any suggestion for me newdigital . thanks

I am new to FX TRADE , I know it is very dangous to trade fx if not having rule or not following fule . I prefer to use EA when I sleep is midnight ( I am living in asia)

1. BW is not trading ofen because of BW

BW indicators all together "understand" very clean trend only. That is why we do not need to switch off EAs during the news time sometimes. And this "very clean trend" is not coming often.

2. Yes, it may be automated. But i am not estimating highest level of iTrend only. I am estimating highest above zero levels for some past bars and multiply it by 0.283. It may be coded but, sorry, I coud not: too complicated for me to code. By the way, it is not difficult to do manually during the Sunday for example: just 5 minutes for all the charts to correct the settings in EAs.

3. In asctrend thread , braintrading thread and in this thread we had manual forward testing results only. Asctrend and BT are specific case as many many indicators are involved in trading. Sometimes too many (asctrend M1 for example). This BW system is very simple one. If you are trading BW system manually so you will attach all BW indicators. There are 3 of them if i remember, right? Because BW EAs are using 3 indicators only. But may be, you will want to attach some other indicators indicating support/resustance, demarker and so on ... So, when you are trading manually by BW so you may add some other indicators just to confirm oversold levels, support-resistance and so on and you may be more profitable than EA is doing for yourself becaise BW EA is using 3 indicators only.

By the way, manual trading should be always more profitable than automated trading.

As to BW system so it was many versions of EAs. My last posts are trading by EAs (since January 2006) and I will post the results here if the people ask (as muyuan11 for example).

muyuan11:

The signals are not coming often. Besides iTrend indicator is good filter.

For example this week:

1. Bw 1c version 4 pairs:

- H4 timeframe, static iTrend level: no trading.

- H1 timeframe, dynamic iTrend level: +56 pips for USDJPY (iTrend level was estimated last Sunday as 0.57).

- M15 timerame, dynamic iTrend level: +74 pips for USDJPY (iTrend level was estimated as 0.36).

- M15 timeframer with timefilter, dynamic iTrend level: +74 pips for USDJPY (iTrend level was estimated last Sunday as 0.36).

2. Bw 1c1 version 4 pairs:

- H4 timeframe, static iTrend level: no trading.

Backtesting

Can we rely on backtesting to measure this EA performance? I know EAs that use volume info can't be backtested reliably.

Any update on forward testing performance for BW 1c version?

Best regards

" Brainwashing #1c "...." Brainwashing #1c_eurusd"

" Brainwashing #1c "/" Brainwashing #1c_eurusd"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"newdigital" don"t works this two EA :

" Brainwashing #1c "

" Brainwashing #1c_eurusd"

I do not see any change after you start ...?

i have this errors :

2011.01.29 17:28:24 2011.01.27 23:45 Cannot open file 'E:\ovidiuxtb\experts\indicators\i_Trend.ex4' on the EURUSD,M15

Thanks

Reason: