SuperWoodieCCI - page 19

Woodies

Could you share your inidicators and template?

all the indicators are in the thread, i think, at least most of them are

I updated my post with everything.

After reviewing everything about Woodie's CCI both here and on Woodie's website, I put together my own chart template and it is working great.

Big thanks to FX Sniper and everyone else for all the great work.

I like setting the CCI at 81 and leaving Turbo at 0. I mainly like Zero Line crosses and Zero Line Rejects. FXSnipers Sidewinder works better for me outside the Woodie pane and I set the bar size to 10 so it shows up a litle bigger. The CZI works fine as is. I also use another indie I modified a while back to show the 4hr 9 period CCI on all time frames. That gives a little more confirm on the trend direction on lower time frames.

If you haven't been to Woodies site yet you really should go there as he has tons of free stuff about how to trade with his indicators.

Check it out. Woodies CCI Club LLC

Files:
eurjpy_5m-2.gif  42 kb
fxplosion.zip  24 kb

Hello

Hi Rads,

Good to see you again - you always pop up with good systems.

Would you mind explaining your exact entries and (more importantly) exits on this system?

Thanks,

Paul.

I have been playing with the MA's to get it more responsive or tradeable. Reading on Woodie's site I saw that the Blue CCI line is reflective of the matching simple moving average of price.

So I dropped the HMA and the T3. I am trying the 27 simple in blue and the 200 simple in magenta on the price with the CCI set at 36. That seems to be pretty responsive and not late when the CCI turns.

On the 5 min chart the 200 simple is reflective of the 36 on the 30min (36*6=216). So when we get CCI entry signals on the 5min and the blue is moving away from the magenta we should be getting a matching signal on the 30 min. Also watch the CZ and the 4hr CCI bar.

As for exits, draw trend lines on price and CCI, watch for CCI reversals, fib areas, old S/R, Chop Zone reversal, all kinds of things. Nothing cut and dried.

How about others share how they actually trade this Superwoodie?

Files:
gbpusd-1.gif  43 kb

Wow,

Chop Zone indicator seems to give one of the best parts of the Woodie system and works well with my MACD too.

Files:
usdchf-15m.gif  70 kb

How do you get that chop zone picture?

Is it in the woodiecci?

What is that macd look-alike indicator?

Woodies CCI

I Have put on CCI but when I change the colours to make them bigger (Wider) everytime I change to another timeframe or another Chart I lose them even though I have made it my Template everything else stays the same its just the colours go back to thin lines, Anyone know what I have to do to save them? I am on MetaTrader4.

Flash:
the colours go back to thin lines, Anyone know what I have to do to save them? I am on MetaTrader4.

Which version? all of them?

Reason: