Welcome to the MQL4 course - page 15

ask master

hallo master... can u help me.. what the code to show price low and high previous bar/candle... thnks

Files:
ihigh.gif  15 kb

Low[1] and High[1]

kaito99:
hallo master... can u help me.. what the code to show price low and high previous bar/candle... thnks

help me sir...

hello,

many told me EA don't work in renko 'no time frame' offline charts.

my question is it possible if EA don't work in renko charts then You could have a script attached to the renko chart that writes signals to a file. the EA, attached to an online chart, would read those signals from the file and act accordingly or anything you suggest ?

i want an EA which full fill my requirements.

this renko system i trade.

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=322817

my requirements:

EA for renko candles only (no signals from indicators)

Entry rules: full length bullish or bearish candle.

Exit rules: doji formed or the reverse candle occurs.

note: include lot size, TP, SL and trailing stop.

waiting for your reply

thank you

There is no reason whatsoever why an EA should not work on offline chart. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the usage of Symbol() in order commands (if ypur renlo generating software changes the symbol name - that can easily be solved by using symbol name as a parameter) as well as bid and ask (through market info function instead of doing it directly)

If offline charts are generated properly (software that generates renko data should send appropriate events so that EA can work on an offline chart) any EA will work (meaning that apart from the changes mentioned above, you do not have to write an EA to work on renko). So, if you have problems like the one you describe even if the above issues are solved, the solution is in adjusting renko generating code. Usually that is the biggest problem : nonstandard offline data geberating software. Here is a link with some more info about it : http://forum.mql4.com/43130

Back-testing is yet another thing : metatrader does not include any of the offline generated data in the choice of time frames that can be back-tested so you can forget back-testing custom time frames (data).

tony7music:
hello,

many told me EA don't work in renko 'no time frame' offline charts.

my question is it possible if EA don't work in renko charts then You could have a script attached to the renko chart that writes signals to a file. the EA, attached to an online chart, would read those signals from the file and act accordingly or anything you suggest ?

i want to make ea which full fill my requirements.

this renko system i trade.

RENKO system with Mihailo! @ Forex Factory

my requirements:

EA for renko candles only (no signals from indicators)

Entry rules: full length bullish or bearish candle.

Exit rules: doji formed or the reverse candle occurs.

note: include lot size, TP, SL and trailing stop.

waiting for your reply

thank you

mladen:
There is no reason whatsoever why an EA should not work on offline chart. The only thing that needs to be fixed is the usage of Symbol() in order commands (if ypur renlo generating software changes the symbol name - that can easily be solved by using symbol name as a parameter) as well as bid and ask (through market info function instead of doing it directly) (data).

thank you very much for your response.

after reading your post i did search and found EA which actually execute the trade but not profitable some changes needed. the candles are drawn bythe Heiken Ashi indicator on offline M3 chart.

now my questions

1. can EA recognize color of the candle and then execute the trade accordingly or is there any way ?

2. can EA recognize doji, full length bearish and bullish candles drawn by HA ?

thank you

Master Guru Please help me

codersguru:
Low[1] and High[1]

Master Guru please help me,

What about coding it if I want to create horizontal lines the upper and lower bounds on the group of the candle (close - open) is small in value. Value (close - open)*100000 = without polarity and always positive. My candle number of external content.

Example:

extern int (close - open)*100000 = 10; // Its mean (close - open) <= 10

extern int Number of candle maximum = 3;

"Horizontal line upper limit" = taken from the highest open/close inherent in the group

"Horizontal line lower limit" = taken from the highest open/close inherent in the group

Thank you Master Guru.

Files:

Thanks for posting the lessons Codersguru. This is really wonderful. A million thanks for it. Not sure how much i can push into my limited-cells brain, but i'll give it a try :-)

Yours sincerely,

Wintersky

hi

dear sir

m new in mql so i dont know about coding,i need ur help to make a new mt4 indicator by using two indicators .i have both mt4 indicator

1) bb macd mt4 v6

2) bband stop

i want ,bband works wirh bb macd in one seprate window and give buy sell signal using bb macd dots

contact info

facebook -raopawan007@ymail.com

yahoo -raopawan444@yahoo.com

i will be very thankful for ur reply

Hi codersguru,

first let me say, thank you very much for writing a manual for us newbies. It is well written and understandable.

Right now I've just finished the custom indicator, from your manual, but when I attaches it to a chart,nothing happens except for the text at the chart.

The code i've wrote should be exactly like yours code and compile without errors.

Do you have any suggestions why this happen ?

rexden1:
Hi codersguru,

first let me say, thank you very much for writing a manual for us newbies. It is well written and understandable.

Right now I've just finished the custom indicator, from your manual, but when I attaches it to a chart,nothing happens except for the text at the chart.

The code i've wrote should be exactly like yours code and compile without errors.

Do you have any suggestions why this happen ?

rexden1

Can you attach the indicator?

Reason: