Zigzag indicators - page 57

mrtools:
Dagoods, it works for mt4 it is a script and goes in mq4/scripts folder

so was hoping for an indicator version too if possible.... thanks again!

ps. is it zig zag? just curious i dont know squat about coding lol

dagoods:
great! Thanks!...was contemplating an ea to give automated signals...so was hoping for an indicator version too if possible.... thanks again!

Dagoods don't think an Ea would be a good idea, because it is using zig zag type logic.

mrtools:
Dagoods don't think an Ea would be a good idea, because it is using zig zag type logic.

thanks for the input.... perhaps you guys can help me understand if what i'm thinking is possible....this is what i've got in mind. i'm hoping to have a meter that will give simple red or green for each timeframe based on whether or not we have price above or below the second peak/valley back in time... i.e. using every other peak/valley as my indication that trend direction has changed..... so each timeframe will keep track and show whether green or red.... the logic is whther we are above or below the line in the sand as defined above...every other peak/valley....see attached the idea is to have an indicator that helps to keep us trading in the correct direction....can the peaks and valley be used for this purpose? ...can it be done?

so starting from a low hump we can go back in time to find every other high hump..... if price crosses it gives a signal and new direction as long.... vice versa for shorts.. that kind of thing...

it can be done with fractals but i like the peaks and valleys better if possible...

more info can be found at ff in the last few posts in my thread.....More Advanced ideas - Page 5 @ Forex Factory

dagoods:
thanks for the input.... perhaps you guys can help me understand if what i'm thinking is possible....this is what i've got in mind. i'm hoping to have a meter that will give simple red or green for each timeframe based on whether or not we have price above or below the second peak/valley back in time... i.e. using every other peak/valley as my indication that trend direction has changed..... so each timeframe will keep track and show whether green or red.... the logic is whther we are above or below the line in the sand as defined above...every other peak/valley....see attached the idea is to have an indicator that helps to keep us trading in the correct direction....can the peaks and valley be used for this purpose? ...can it be done?

so starting from a low hump we can go back in time to find every other high hump..... if price crosses it gives a signal and new direction as long.... vice versa for shorts.. that kind of thing...

it can be done with fractals but i like the peaks and valleys better if possible...

more info can be found at ff in the last few posts in my thread.....More Advanced ideas - Page 5 @ Forex Factory

guys should not this be doable...if not in mt4 then perhaps in ninja or other platform.... if one can mark turning points in a stoch indicator.... shouldn't zig zag points, i.e line charts, 1sma, turns points be reference able also....https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

please advise if it's possible at least

Uni zigzag semaphore : unizigzagsemaphore_v4.mq4

Files:

ZigZag corrected with fibo levels : zigzag_corrected_v3.3_fibo.ex4

dagoods,

It looks doable to me.

But I would not do it without a good fee.

Big Be

Post-zigzag

post-zigzag.mq4

Files:

What is the biggest difference compared to the regular zigzag?

Reason: