The Murrey Math Trading System - page 114

Auto Adjusting MM-Timeframe

Hello everyone,

Have read through pretty much the entire thread over the past week and been using MM nicely thanks to Xard777's generous contribution of his indicators..

Am a little bit stuck with how to get an MM-Timeframe to auto adjust though.

Kinda Stuck Here:

Right now I'm using the MM-Timeframe attached which is supposed to auto adjust, but it doesn't. I have to change timeframes and back for it to re-calculate. (renamed it..) Can't figure out what I'm doing well

How I'm Using It Now:

It works pretty well, but there have been a couple of times, when price is @ lets say, 6/8 and when I just refresh by switching timeframes and back, what was 6/8 is now -1/8;

From my understanding, this is only supposed to happen when the -2/8 or +2/8 is broken. or more than 64 bars have elapsed..

The lines work! But I'm not too sure when to manually refresh and it'd be pretty cool if it could auto-ref instead.

The difference is profound.. 6/8 is supposed to be a pivot line (watch the close) but it became -1/8 where reversals have a high change of working out.

I'm sure that it didn't clear -2/8 before hand and I just recalculated the lines, so I'm not sure what went wrong.

Feedback/Pointers/Help Would Be Appreciated:

Can anyone help please?

Just looking for a simple MM-Timeframe that has line labels and baby lines, nothing too complex.

I've done my due diligence to read through the entire thread, but my apologies if I'm not completely up to date with the other indicators.

I've downloaded them, but due to my full time job, I haven't the time to really go through every single one of your generous contributions to see which is workable just yet.

Would appreciate feedback, pointers and recommendations plenty.

Thanks guys

Cy

How do I download Jim life indicators?

How ca we put pending orders to the lines.And do they change when time frame chhanges.Please help me.

I ment not all lines some lines and can the order type be ann option please

News Feed

how did u get that news feed on your charts or did u edit your pic?

Murrey math short lines?

Hello murey math traders, I was wondering could someone please share with me a murrey math indicator that has short lines, so the price indicators are'nt to distorted, it would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance!

4/8.............

like this -----------

3/8.............

not like below?

...............................................4/8..............................................

Octaves-X Indicator

Hello all,

Wondering if I could get abit of help from the you guys.

Not too sure how to use Octaves-X...what are e proper settings supposed to be for the 4hour or any other timeframe for tt matter?

Would appreciate if someone could explain

(1) MMPeriod

(2) Stepback

(3) Framesize

(a) what are they

(b) how do the parameters vary (and reccomended settings too!)

as you can see from e chart.. the lines are pretty squished together for e 4 hr... wondering how this can be adjusted out. Have tried varying MMPeriod, Stepback n Framesize..but dont quite seem to understand how to apply them

Thank you

Cy

Files:
octaves-x.gif  72 kb

Hello Cyrus.

My own parameters for ANY MM indicator:

1. P = 200 for ANY TF

number of bars to calculate

2. MMPeriod = 0

TF, 0 for current

240 for H4 and so on

3. Stepback = 0

shift for p.1

I use these ones for a long time.

Just try them for some time

Good luck!

Thanks Leshun, appreciate it.

Are the Octaves supposed to be THIS close together? I tried out the daily and 4 hour timeframes w 200, and the lines are still too close to be properly useful...

Below is the daily chart.

I usually use MM-Timeframe which does adjust how wide the lines are according to the past X candles. Little bit strange tt the Octave lines are this close together..

Files:

Mm

I think I tried all of MurrayMath indies,

but this one I use everywhere.

I've changed it's code to my default parameters.

Hope this helps.

Files:
mm.gif  14 kb
Reason: