The Murrey Math Trading System - page 108

Murray Maths Trader

Hi there andreasp,

This is a wicked system ! Its a WOW system.

It will be very nice to see this system developed into an Exper Advisor.

Would you care to share the settings with us?

Thank you so much.

Blueocean

hi there again.

hi guys, indicators attached. I havent touched their settings at all.

My take profit is basically when i feel like taking the profit. i dont have any set profit. my sl has been usually 40-50 pips for the currencies and 80-100 for gold because spread is so high, its 50 pips.

there are some trades that i got in at the overbought level and price reached extremely overbought level where I averaged down by getting in again with a second trade with both trades stop loss around 150-180 pips. risky i know but i made winning trades. there are some trades that i got out way to early. something like 30 pip profit instead of 150 pips. thats ok as long as we win, right???

anyway, the indicators are attached. try the system out and if anyone gets an ea going, itll be just that much easier for us to trade. a backtest would be really good to try.

a trading companion, andreas

Files:

Murray Maths

Hello again,

Just to say thank you so much for the indicator attachments.

greatly appreciated.

I hope the expert coders in the forum can do the rest and turn this indicator into an EA, or at least for visual purposes, some buy and sell arrows showing on the chart, as soon as the buy and sell criteria are met.

blueocean

hi

andreasp70:
hi guys, indicators attached. I havent touched their settings at all.

My take profit is basically when i feel like taking the profit. i dont have any set profit. my sl has been usually 40-50 pips for the currencies and 80-100 for gold because spread is so high, its 50 pips.

there are some trades that i got in at the overbought level and price reached extremely overbought level where I averaged down by getting in again with a second trade with both trades stop loss around 150-180 pips. risky i know but i made winning trades. there are some trades that i got out way to early. something like 30 pip profit instead of 150 pips. thats ok as long as we win, right???

anyway, the indicators are attached. try the system out and if anyone gets an ea going, itll be just that much easier for us to trade. a backtest would be really good to try.

a trading companion, andreas

thanks for sharing

what time frame are looking at?

hey there

i look at the 15min, but i think its the same for all time frames. check it out and let me know.

Today's Trades 24-11-08

hi everyone, my trades today have so far netted me +484.99$. in pips +55

my typical trade is as follows. when price is close to overbought levels, i set my limit order with a sl. also averaging down if position goes against my original order. check out the chart's sell limit orders and sl.

also, you need to keep on eye on the chart for all confirmed orders because sometimes when you're in the market, levels change. when this happens, the odds change against your favour, i beleive. i do stay in awhile and judge the market personally. if i stay in the market, i will get stopped out or I get out with a small profit. i dont trust any levels other than the overbought levels. again i work with the iregr. if price is still outside the iregr tunnel, its a good sign that position will end up making a profit.

anyone else trying to trade this system today? let me know your results. check out the charts.

trading buddy, andreas

Files:

Hello Andreas I have a question about that order the gbp/jpy is very volitile how often does it run pass the extream over shoot level and stop you out?

Eric

how many point is the SL? how many point is the TP?

i think we dont need to use SL..

Hey Andreas, Great minds must think alike! I have actually sent my coder basically the same info with regards to having an EA built to put in pending Buy and Sell Limit orders at the top and bottom 3 Murrey levels.

The difference with mine is that I'm doing this on a daily timeframe and having him scale in the lots martingale style (i.e. placed buy limit orders of 1 lot at 0/8, 2 lots at -1/8, and 4 lots at -2/8, reversed for sell limit orders) and using the 2/8 and 6/8 level as my profit target to close all the positions out at once. I'm using the longer timeframe to take advantage of the swap and hopefully will have a function where you can have the EA only place pending trades if positive swap can be earned. The EA will also be coded so that if the indicator redraws itself the EA will remove all pending orders and re-evaluate the chart and place new pending orders.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Files:
murrey.gif  54 kb

mer071898:
Hey Andreas, Great minds must think alike! I have actually sent my coder basically the same info with regards to having an EA built to put in pending Buy and Sell Limit orders at the top and bottom 3 Murrey levels.

The difference with mine is that I'm doing this on a daily timeframe and having him scale in the lots martingale style (i.e. placed buy limit orders of 1 lot at 0/8, 2 lots at -1/8, and 4 lots at -2/8, reversed for sell limit orders) and using the 2/8 and 6/8 level as my profit target to close all the positions out at once. I'm using the longer timeframe to take advantage of the swap and hopefully will have a function where you can havethe EA only place pending trades if positive swap can be earned. The EA will also be coded so that if the indicator redraws itself the EA will remove all pending orders and re-evaluate the chart and place new pending orders.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Hi mer071898!!!

Please give the indicators fisher yr4ik which are thankful in advance!!!

Reason: