The Murrey Math Trading System - page 8

Visual rollback - re

xard777 - thank you for the reply and thank you for all your concise, informed and valuable contributions to this topic

xard777:
The mm octave lines are fixed, they don't change regardless of time, the mm timeframe in the chart is default to 64 bars - the frame will change as you select a different time period ie. daily will be 64 days, 4hr will be 4hr bar x 64etc.. If you view the mm octaves on a daily chart and use the mm timeframe to zoom in from daily, 4hr, 1hr & 30min for optimal turning points.

xard777:
Enc. MurreyMath.TimeFrame indicator plus chart.

Enjoy:-)

regards

Xard777

I have found that the MurreyMath.TimeFrame indicator does not reset when the price closes beyond the +2/8 -2/8 extremes, currently you have to change time frames and then it recalculates, can this be fixed?

Thank you

@ xard777

Great indicator, but can you explain what the purpose is of: 'beginer' and 'SomeVar'?

Thanks,

cja:
I have found that the MurreyMath.TimeFrame indicator does not reset when the price closes beyond the +2/8 -2/8 extremes, currently you have to change time frames and then it recalculates, can this be fixed? Thank you

Exactly, just found out this morning. Downloaded the mq4 yesterday.

You have to open the indicator to have it to be recalculated

Regards,

First of all, many many thanks to all MM indicator developers.

I subscribed to this forum just a few days ago and I'm really impressed by their knowledge.

But......... I have a suggestion....

Why don't we all stick to 'the rules' and use MM's color scheme, which is:

all 2/8 lines and 6/8th Red

all 1/8 lines and 7/8th Yellow

0/8, 4/8 and 8/8th line Blue

3/8 and 5/8th Green

I can imagine all developers prefer their own colorscheme, so perhaps it is possible to add preferences in the indicator (adjustable by the user) for line colors,

Also a preference for the baby lines to dim them.

And a automatic (re)calculation of the lines when we move to another timeframe.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all your effort, because I'm not able to write a script myself.

Looking forward to comments....

Also included screenshot and 2 indicators adjusted to standard colors (SC)

I hope I don't violate any 'rules' doing so

Best regards,

p.s. One could say change the colors yourself...... but..... I'm using several MM indicators (with/without line description, with/without baby lines etc) And if the developer comes with an upgrade I have to start over again

xard777:
Have taken these out....also changed the baby 2/8ths color lines...the timeframe will auto change now... Xard777

Thanks a lot

I made a few changes

Changed the colors (hope you don't find this annoying xard777)

Added a line 'Period =' (because sometimes you have to change the calculation from 64 to 32) now you see at a glance what was choosen

Also want to set the scale of the chart to the range ('+2/8th' + 'baby 2/8th') thru ('-2/8th' - 'baby 2/8th') so can I can see the whole MM range

Can someone tell me what the script is for setting a scale on a chart?

Best regards,

For the time being this will do

Can't add +2/8th and -2/8th because the line appears to be too long, don't know how to solve that

Files:

Hi guys, I've been using the octaves indicator on the 4hr cable with success, but have a question. Does it work for you on other pairs? I never could get it to work properly on pairs like the eurusd. It seems to plot its lines on a fixed range of prices that suit cables range, but nothing else. Had anyone the same problem?

Files:
anomaly.gif  46 kb
octaves_v4.mq4  22 kb

I see the problem now

I've always liked to change the currency in the same window by pressing enter and inputing the new pair from the keyboard. this indicator draws the lines once and leaves them there. so, the only solution is to open a new chart for each pair. thanks xard it's working fine now.

Trading MM:
Thanks a lot

Also want to set the scale of the chart to the range ('+2/8th' + 'baby 2/8th') thru ('-2/8th' - 'baby 2/8th') so can I can see the whole MM range

Can someone tell me what the script is for setting a scale on a chart?

Best regards,

If you move the mouse over to the right of the chart it will highlight "vertical scale"...hold the left mouse button down and drag the mouse down the screen...the whole MM range will now be available.

Xard777

Reason: