Trailing Stop EA - page 11

Greetings,

I edit/combine the Virtual & Trailing stop to meet my need. I need some help with programming a time or tick function on open orders. I am not a programmer, but know enough to follow an existing EA. With that said I need some help.

I have an account with a broker who allows scalping, but has some restriction when closing an order under 60 seconds with 5 or less ticks. I had a ton of profit order cancel, interesting the loss order was not cancel.

Was interested in adding a time setting (or if possible a tick count) not to move the Trailing stop until the order is open for more than 60 Sec or more than 5 ticks.

Any help is appreciated.

virtualtrailingstop-needtimetick.mq4

Trade manager EA

Hi,I'm looking for an EA which has the flexibility to allow multiple different types of trailing stop methods over a single trade. e.g. I might want my stop loss to be initially moving after I've reached +50 pips at which point it would trail in line with a SMA but when it reached say 100 pips (which may correspond to a known area of resistance / support on the chart) I may want to give it some room so I'd stop moving the stop loss until it reached +150 pips where I might want it to start trailing using fractals etc etc Has anyone stumbled across anything like this? Thanks

Sorry about the lack of spaces, I haven't figured out how to go to a new line in my comments yet!?

SYKEMAKAVELI:
Hi,I'm looking for an EA which has the flexibility to allow multiple different types of trailing stop methods over a single trade. e.g. I might want my stop loss to be initially moving after I've reached +50 pips at which point it would trail in line with a SMA but when it reached say 100 pips (which may correspond to a known area of resistance / support on the chart) I may want to give it some room so I'd stop moving the stop loss until it reached +150 pips where I might want it to start trailing using fractals etc etc Has anyone stumbled across anything like this? Thanks

You are talking about rules tat are arbitrary - I don't think that an EA doing that type of arbitrary decisions can be made

Hi Mladen, apologies for my vagueness. The idea I had in mind was that the EA would require inputs to initiate the moves rather than being arbitrary. So, for example, you may have five 'levels' pre-programmed into the EA where your stop loss method may change. The inputs for each change would be 1) The pip movement from entry to initiate the new stop loss method and 2) the stop loss method to be applied (which would be pre-programmed). It's something that I'm looking to be added to some of the freely available trade managers that are floating around so I'm more than happy to pay for it if hasn't already been put together. I'm putting together a document to articulate exactly what I mean so as to avoid confusion and to spell out the other requirements of the trade manager. Do you have any recommendations for where one might go to find a suitable programmer to get the job done? Thanks, Phil.

what is your recommendation of settings if you trade eurusd at 15 mins? using all those cool functions like ATR sl and MA tp.

very useful trail EA thanks

Trailing take profit EA

trailingtakeprofit.mq4

Files:

tampa:

Trailing stop managing EA (by cmillion) ea_trailingstopfcsa_v12.mq4

Whats up Tampa ? You have any ideas on why this wouldn't be working ? Do you know how to bring it up to date ?

tampa:

Trailing take profit EA

trailingtakeprofit.mq4

I try to apply it to chart but nothing happens. When compiled I receive no errors.

Reason: