Filters indicators - page 19

You can try the extrapolating routines he made first (to get the "feeling")

It was posted at this thread : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179466 along with detailed description

ismael360:
I would personally think that a extrapolation recalculating indicator could possible more useful.

You never know. The Extrapolation effect may work well with this filter indi.

If qpwr had made some nice extrapolation to it already then for him it wouldn't be a problem to add the extra extrapolation needed to maybe get a nice looking complete filter.

Do you think the extra extrapolation can be added this way at least it could be a useful filter to us all?

Ish

ismael360:
I would personally think that a extrapolation recalculating indicator could possible more useful.

You never know. The Extrapolation effect may work well with this filter indi.

If qpwr had made some nice extrapolation to it already then for him it wouldn't be a problem to add the extra extrapolation needed to maybe get a nice looking complete filter.

Do you think the extra extrapolation can be added this way at least it could be a useful filter to us all?

Ish

It's interesting in a since to try to extrapolate a indicator such as this to try and get a good signal of what's happening at the present time.

While most use the extrapolation to try to predict what may happen many candles into the future.

I think it would make more sense to me anyways to predict what may happen now.

Because to me, It trading wise it's more important to get it right with what is happening first before I can be confident of what it may do many candles from now.

But thats just me. Im still new to all this extrapolation stuff.

Ish

Ish

Any extrapolation is always a try to "peek into the future". Does not matter where the starting point of extrapolation is - it is how it is calculated. The FIR filter by qpwr is centered without extrapolation - so it does the same thing as centered TMA, for example, without adding the extrapolation to fill in the missing values that occur when you shift the values to the past in order to center the indicator. Missing bars extrapolation would be a try to "predict the future" regardless of its appearance that it is placed in the past - it would not try to predict what may happen now, but what could happen when a certain new (exact) values come in, which translates to future prediction again.

Here is one good starting point regarding extrapolation with some useful information : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrapolation

ismael360:
It's interesting in a since to try to extrapolate a indicator such as this to try and get a good signal of what's happening at the present time.

While most use the extrapolation to try to predict what may happen many candles into the future.

I think it would make more sense to me anyways to predict what may happen now.

Because to me, It trading wise it's more important to get it right with what is happening first before I can be confident of what it may do many candles from now.

But thats just me. Im still new to all this extrapolation stuff.

Ish

I understand now.

So to even to use extrapolation from the past to the present is the same as using it to try and look into the future.

Then the idea of using it from the past to the present seem silly now.

Mladen i recall you saying that you have put off messing around with recaculating indis like TMA.

Do you feel the same about extrapolation indicators?

Where do you see yourself more focused on these days.

Meaning where are your interest.

What type if indicators do you youeself feel like they should be payed more attention too?

It seems for me the more i trade the more I keep going back too rsi and macd as well as moving averages.

Ish

Ish,

You are fishing now :):)

I know what post do you refer to, but since the majority could not read it, I hope you won't mind if I tell what I told at that post (in short) again : I told that I regretted making recalculating (and some extrapolated) indicators and posting them as public, and that I regret that because I am forced to explain over and over that recalculating indicators should not be used in the same manner as the "regular" ones (and to clarify that recalculating and repainting are two completely different things : repainting is a coding error, recalculating is something completely else).

Some good "recalculating" indicators are always handy (see what they doing at this thread these days : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178842 ) for estimation, and I am using Goertzel browser for some estimations I am making, but, and that is my personal opinion, I simply am avoiding to make recalculating stuff public any more for the peace of my mind

PS: there is one saying "Friends do not let friends extrapolate". Maybe that is because extrapolation is probably one of the most misunderstood ways of estimation there is

ismael360:
I understand now.

So to even to use extrapolation from the past to the present is the same as using it to try and look into the future.

Mladen i recall you saying that you have put off messing around with recaculating indis like TMA.

What type if indicators do you youeself feel like they should be payed more attention too?

It seems for me the more i trade the more I keep going back too rsi and macd as well as moving averages.

Ish

"Friends don't let friends extrapolate"

That is a good one.

Thanks for the advice Mladen and for clearing up were you stand on recaculating indicators.

Ish

mladen:
nevar, Here you go
A pleasant weekend to all

Thank you Mladen

A pleasant weekend to you too.

ismael360:
I understand now.

Ish

Ish

Agreed

The more i trade the more i going back to basics !

Regards,

mladen:
It would need some extrapolation added to it to fill the remaining bars But, then, extrapolation would make it a recalculating indicator ... Kept it the same way as gpwr did it : just added non-repainting color changes on slope change. He (qpwr) did make some nice extrapolation methods too so I guess that he did not want to combine them with this one for some reason ...

I have different ideas but the priority is the profitability.Will it be profitable?I have to find that out first .

Any recommendation for filters to filter or identify ranging markets?

Hi All. I've started looking into forex a few weeks back and am still studying the use of indicators. So I found myself in this thread, looking for filters to identify ranging and trending markets. Would there be any gd filter indicators here that would be able to detect or identify ranging markets as shown in the figure below? So far I found RCBi indicator to be somewhat useful in doing that (by looking at the distance from the top red line to the bottom yellow line). Would be great if this indicator can allow me to have my own inputs rather than just the countbars. Anyways I am still studying it. Any recommendation of other filters and or advice are very much welcome.

Reason: