Filters indicators - page 18

leMai -

try using a KAMA or a MA Slope Indicator.

The KAMA will go flat during sideways market.

The MA Slope Indicator can be tuned to change colors based on its slope. Then only trade when the slope indicator indicates movement rather than sideways ..........

hope this helps.

Filter/Selector searched

Hello TSD,

i am looking for a kind of 'Filter/Selector' ... in other words... is there something outside (Indicator/Excel) which 'scans' all pairs and select the ones that match my individual criterias!?

This is my first thread and i apologize for my english... still improving! :-)

.... hope my question is understandable!?

have a nice day, ... lots of pips

saludos

markus :-)

newdigital:
Filters' trading system. May be used as a filter in other systems.

For chart window use.

Using the correct ADX in code

mladen:
Just a continuation of Linuxsers message : the "to the letter" DMI

The reason it never was posted is that differences (value wise) compared to igorads version are marginal (compare them - you will see)

Also, if some other indicator shows different values than this one, then that indicator is wrong. This one is made to the letter the same way that Welles Wilder calculated it ("New Concepts in Technical Trading Systems" 1978 - starting from page 35)

Btw: apart ofDMI (ADX), SAR, Volatility index, The Relative Strength Index (yes, the RSI), and some more goodies described in that book 30 years ago Maybe it is time people consider actualy reading that book. Anything capable of surviving 30 years in this world must have at least a grain o geniality in it. And that book really does show how the genius thinks

Hi, I am new to this community, I hope sbody picks up this request although the original discussion was quite a while ago. I am trying to inculde the indicator from mladen in an MT4 expert advisor. It seems that it does not return the same ADX value than the one readable in the indicator window. Can you help if it is suitable for EA calls and if yes what is the proper way of calling it? Thanks!

Do it like this (attached an example EA that simply retrieves DI+, DI- and ADX values from the Wilder's DMI book indicator (from this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172923/page10 )

It retrieves correct values so you can use it as a model how to do that

regards

pozitiv:
Hi, I am new to this community, I hope sbody picks up this request although the original discussion was quite a while ago. I am trying to inculde the indicator from mladen in an MT4 expert advisor. It seems that it does not return the same ADX value than the one readable in the indicator window. Can you help if it is suitable for EA calls and if yes what is the proper way of calling it? Thanks!

Mladen ,

Is it possible add non repainting colouring to FIRma FIR MA - MQL4 Code Base ?Thanks.

nevar,

Here you go

A pleasant weekend to all

nevar:
Mladen , Is it possible add non repainting colouring to FIRma FIR MA - MQL4 Code Base ?Thanks.
Files:
forma.gif  37 kb

mladen:
nevar,

Here you go

A pleasant weekend to all

How can this filter be used if it is so far behind price?

Any ideas?

Ish

It would need some extrapolation added to it to fill the remaining bars

But, then, extrapolation would make it a recalculating indicator ... Kept it the same way as gpwr did it : just added non-repainting color changes on slope change. He (qpwr) did make some nice extrapolation methods too so I guess that he did not want to combine them with this one for some reason ...

ismael360:
How can this filter be used if it is so far behind price?

Any ideas?

Ish

mladen:
It would need some extrapolation added to it to fill the remaining bars But, then, extrapolation would make it a recalculating indicator ... Kept it the same way as gpwr did it : just added non-repainting color changes on slope change. He (qpwr) did make some nice extrapolation methods too so I guess that he did not want to combine them with this one for some reason ...

I would personally think that a extrapolation recalculating indicator could possible more useful.

You never know. The Extrapolation effect may work well with this filter indi.

If qpwr had made some nice extrapolation to it already then for him it wouldn't be a problem to add the extra extrapolation needed to maybe get a nice looking complete filter.

Do you think the extra extrapolation can be added this way at least it could be a useful filter to us all?

Ish

Reason: