I am a Newbie to Forex Trading, need a great mentor.

Hello, I am a newbie to forex Trading, please I need a great Mentor that can significantly shorten my learning curve and get me on my way to profitability in a much shorter amount of time.

Thanks

Ido A. 

Akanifiok Ido:

Hello, I am a newbie to forex Trading, please I need a great Mentor that can significantly shorten my learning curve and get me on my way to profitability in a much shorter amount of time.

Thanks

Ido A. 

There are no shortcuts here, don't think about it,learn it properly to be a good trader.

Ryan Rhodes:
[external link was removed by moderator]
plz Ryan don't suggest websites as it will ads, it will be removed

Akanifiok Ido:

Thanks

Ido A. 

You can search on google the is a lot of beginner materials will be found 

Akanifiok Ido:

Thanks

Ido A. 

Hi Akanifiok,

I am also a newbie in the forex trading business. I have decided to learn from courses and I would give myself 1 year to learn the basic things like recognize candlesticks patterns. for so far I have learned the last weeks, I truly believe that it is so important to learn and recognize the candlestick patterns. I can't tell which courses but you can search on Google and find something that fits your personally. 

I do not believe you can learn forex trading in a fast way, but with a lot of time and effort you can learn quickly, but it has to be in balance. Beside the candlesticks is money management also very important! 

Good trading luck 

Thanks, can I get to know how far you have gone with the candlestick?

Akanifiok Ido:
Thanks, can I get to know how far you have gone with the candlestick?
Good question :-) right now I am learning some simple (one/two candle) reversal patterns. I understand that all the patterns are not 100% reversal momentums, but there is a possibility (that market will reverse) when I see a candlestick pattern like the engulfing bearish or engulfing bullish patterns. I also learning about the hammer, hanging man, shooting star, the gravestone Doji (possible bearish) and the dragonfly Doji (possible bullish). I want to give myself 1 year to learn all the 1,2 and 3 basic and most common candlestick patterns. I using my demo account to look, trade and learn. My goal is to learn how to trade without any indicator :-)

Do not look for easy and quick ways on market)

Would anyone recommend those trading courses that available on the market?

Trading schools such as 'Learn to Trade', 'Online trading Academy'?

I am also a newbie on forex but couldn't get consistency

Would appreciated any feedback

thanks 

When I started to trade forex, I enrolled in various courses, but took care to make sure that they offered a money back guarantee. I can't remember the name of the most used payment processing company, but the guarantee was legit with them.

It was just a waste of time as I did not find one that was any good. Many lied, contradicted themselves and showed all their wonderful trades, after the fact, often that did not strictly adhere to their rules.

I had traded in the stock market for years, but my methods didn't work for forex. That is why I tried these courses.

I would actually recommend that you try out trading indexes and commodities such as oil and gold. Silver and other commodities usually have too wide a spread to trade profitably in my opinion (unless you intend to hold them for a long time).

I honestly believe that the best advice to anybody new to trading is to not trade anything less than H1 and preferably H4. This usually doesn't suit new traders though as they are too eager to make their first million and want to do it in the smaller time-frames and scalping.

A 2 pip spread is too high a cost when looking for an average profit of 10 pips

If you trade with a 10 pip SL and 10 pip TP, remember that a 2 pip spread means that you have to gain 12 pips to hit TP, but only need to lose 8 pips to hit the SL.

100 pip SL and TP, the spread is not such a large hurdle to overcome.

Keith Watford:
When I started to trade forex, I enrolled in various courses, but took care to make sure that they offered a money back guarantee. I can't remember the name of the most used payment processing company, but the guarantee was legit with them.

It was just a waste of time as I did not find one that was any good. Many lied, contradicted themselves and showed all their wonderful trades, after the fact, often that did not strictly adhere to their rules.

I had traded in the stock market for years, but my methods didn't work for forex. That is why I tried these courses.

I would actually recommend that you try out trading indexes and commodities such as oil and gold. Silver and other commodities usually have too wide a spread to trade profitably in my opinion (unless you intend to hold them for a long time).

I honestly believe that the best advice to anybody new to trading is to not trade anything less than H1 and preferably H4. This usually doesn't suit new traders though as they are too eager to make their first million and want to do it in the smaller time-frames and scalping.

A 2 pip spread is too high a cost when looking for an average profit of 10 pips

If you trade with a 10 pip SL and 10 pip TP, remember that a 2 pip spread means that you have to gain 12 pips to hit TP, but only need to lose 8 pips to hit the SL.

100 pip SL and TP, the spread is not such a large hurdle to overcome.
So true...
Reason: