real account

How to create a real account for trading?

MetaQuotes company is not a broker so you eed to select a broker for trading.

Some links which may help in this situation:

MetaTrader 5 Help - Getting Started

MetaTrader 5 Help - Getting Started - Open an Account 

--------------------

• "Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment and, therefore, one cannot expect to profit from them."
  • "Live accounts, unlike demo, cannot be opened straight from the platform. They can only be opened by brokerage companies under certain terms and conditions. However, a real account request can be sent to a broker from the trading platform."

Thank you for the info.  I tried following the steps in the getting started link you provided but when I tried to open the real account and linking it to one of my brokerage accounts nothing happened. Is there any way to contact someone for help? It really seems like this should not be that hard but I'm struggling and getting frustrated.

Sergey Golubev:

MetaQuotes company is not a broker so you eed to select a broker for trading.

Some links which may help in this situation:

MetaTrader 5 Help - Getting Started

MetaTrader 5 Help - Getting Started - Open an Account 

--------------------

• "Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment and, therefore, one cannot expect to profit from them."
  • "Live accounts, unlike demo, cannot be opened straight from the platform. They can only be opened by brokerage companies under certain terms and conditions. However, a real account request can be sent to a broker from the trading platform."

47358640:

Thank you for the info.  I tried following the steps in the getting started link you provided but when I tried to open the real account and linking it to one of my brokerage accounts nothing happened. Is there any way to contact someone for help? It really seems like this should not be that hard but I'm struggling and getting frustrated.

This forum is not related to any real accounts, any trading accounts and any money for trading.
You should contact with the broker related to how to open and so on.

Sergey Golubev:
This forum is not related to any real accounts, any trading accounts and any money for trading.
You should contact with the broker related to how to open and so on.
What? The link you provided looked like it had info for opening and linking a real account.  Where can I go for actual help?

47358640:
What? The link you provided looked like it had info for opening and linking a real account.  Where can I go for actual help?

If it is related to the trading account so you should write to the broker about for help (the broker is the company where you sent your money to).

..I tried to open the real account and linking it to one of my brokerage accounts ..

Did you try to open real account and link it to the other real account?
We on the forum have nothing to do with any real accounts (especially with any brokerage accounts).
Any broker has its own rules and requirements for opening live/real accounts, and it is nothing to do with this mql5 forum/portal in anyway.

Ask your broker to help with any real accounts and any brokerage accounts.

And this is the general information (basicly for newbies):

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Where are you from ?

Sergey Golubev, 2021.05.21 11:55

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

47358640:

I would suggest that you do a google search for "Broker Comparison" or "Broker Recommendation" ..

Look whether and where a broker is regulated - you should know what that means.

You should know in beforehand pretty well to whom you will send you money.

Reason: