Indicators: LifeHack Balance Equity

LifeHack Balance Equity:

The indicator displays the balance and equity of the trade account.

LifeHack Balance Equity tester

Author: Vladimir Karputov

Automated-Trading:

LifeHack Balance Equity:

Author: Vladimir Karputov

Vladimir,

thanks for the useful indicator. Should be possible to make it compatible with the tester strategy ( it works only in real time ).

AndreaTrade1 :

Vladimir,

thanks for the useful indicator. Should be possible to make it compatible with the tester strategy ( it works only in real time ).

This indicator works well in the strategy tester.

You need to: add an indicator "LifeHack Balance Equity" to the graph, then right click on the graph and select "Templates" -> "Save Template" -> enter the name "tester".

After that, you can run the Strategy Tester for any Expert Advisor.

LifeHack for Traders: Indicators of Balance, Drawdown, Load and Ticks during Testing:

Introduction

You may run visual testing in the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester for different purposes. For example, sometimes you may want to see how the balance and equity of a trading account were changing during testing. Sometimes, you may need to visually monitor the possibility of trend emergence while testing in the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode. It means a separate LifeHack indicator is required in each case. We will run different indicators in the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester, while saving the chart template as tester.tpl (the template of a chart, on which testing results are displayed).

The common rules for the use of indicators in the tester:

1. Run one of the LifeHack indicators on the chart.
  2. Save the template as tester.tpl.
  3. Start visual testing.

Vladimir Karputov:

This indicator works well in the strategy tester.

You need to: add an indicator "LifeHack Balance Equity" to the graph, then right click on the graph and select "Templates" -> "Save Template" -> enter the name "tester".

After that, you can run the Strategy Tester for any Expert Advisor.

LifeHack for Traders: Indicators of Balance, Drawdown, Load and Ticks during Testing:

Introduction

You may run visual testing in the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester for different purposes. For example, sometimes you may want to see how the balance and equity of a trading account were changing during testing. Sometimes, you may need to visually monitor the possibility of trend emergence while testing in the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode. It means a separate LifeHack indicator is required in each case. We will run different indicators in the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester, while saving the chart template as tester.tpl (the template of a chart, on which testing results are displayed).

The common rules for the use of indicators in the tester:

1. Run one of the LifeHack indicators on the chart.
  2. Save the template as tester.tpl.
  3. Start visual testing.
Vladimir, thanks it works perfectly.

hello,

really sorry to bother but is there a way I can use this one on a live account, I see equity values got deleted after while so not able to follow the changes through my account which are important for me, thanks.

herrcrowley :

hello,

really sorry to bother but is there a way I can use this one on a live account, I see equity values got deleted after while so not able to follow the changes through my account which are important for me, thanks.

This indicator does not store history - it displays data online.

I found out this indicator only shows data for the day, it resets when new day start.

Can you make it save history or at least not reset when new day start?

That would be greatly helpful.

Josua Leonard Sihombing :

I found out this indicator only shows data for the day, it resets when new day start.

Can you make it save history or at least not reset when new day start?

That would be greatly helpful.

No and no again.

This indicator DOES NOT WORK with trading history - this indicator works with data that comes online.

could you make the indicator display the change in price based on seconds.you probably noticed that when you move to the lower timeframes (m1), the equity would stall and print a straight line representing price consolidation so maybe one could use the info to exit or manage loss/profits
Reason: