Discussion of article "MQL5 Cookbook: Writing the History of Deals to a File and Creating Balance Charts for Each Symbol in Excel"

New article MQL5 Cookbook: Writing the History of Deals to a File and Creating Balance Charts for Each Symbol in Excel has been published:

When communicating in various forums, I often used examples of my test results displayed as screenshots of Microsoft Excel charts. I have many times been asked to explain how such charts can be created. Excel offers ample features for creating charts and there are lots of books on that subject. To find the required information in a book, one may have to read it all. Now finally, I have some time to explain it all in this article.

So today I will show you a simple method of how you can get balance charts for all the symbols along with the cumulative result of a multi-currency Expert Advisor on a single Excel diagram with just a couple of clicks. To reconstruct the example, we will take the multi-currency Expert Advisor from the previous article. It will be enhanced with a function that will write the history of deals and balance curves for all symbols to a .csv file upon completion of the test. Moreover, we will add another column to the report to show drawdowns from all local maxima.

Let's create an Excel book set up so as to be able to connect the data file. The book can be opened all the time, so it will not need to be closed before running another test. Upon completion of the test, you will only need to refresh the data by pressing a certain key to be able to see the changes in the report and on the chart.

MQL5 Cookbook: Writing the History of Deals to a File and Creating Balance Charts for Each Symbol in Excel

Author: Anatoli Kazharski

Reason: