MT4 64 bit is becoming nessery for compatibility with windows 10 and new pcs - page 2

whroeder1:
32 bit MT4 runs just fine on my 64 bit win 10. There is no compatibility problem for me. If your EA doesn't work, it is because your EA is broken. Don't blame the car's engine when you have a flat tire.
I don't think your pc is a guarantee you give to others to run 32 bit apps on all other 64 bit pcs.
If it works fine with you then you are lucky. No problem.
We only care about our pcs which have compatibility errors!!

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:
We have to upgrade to MT5. It's the future. MT4 is slowly dying. Ask your broker for migrate to MT5. Regards.
Good joke :/

Fx taster:

I think you guys don't understand the programs compatiblaity issue between 32 bit and 64 bit and I already lost some thousend buckses trying to run the MT4 with no errors but failed.

Please, provide more details: which products, what problems/errors, etc do you have. Otherwise no one can help.

Fx taster:

I think you guys don't understand the programs compatiblaity issue between 32 bit and 64 bit and I already lost some thousend buckses trying to run the MT4 with no errors but failed. Thats why prgram producers releases different type of platform compitable with the operating system to run whther 32 bit or 64 bit.

How do I run 32-bit software once I have installed 64-bit Windows?

Windows 64-bit provides a 32-bit compatibility mode called WOW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit) that should run most if not all your applications
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/32-bit-and-64-bit-explained.htm

We understand perfectly. 

Once again, I will repeat, as WHRoeder did, there is NO problem to use MT4 on Windows 10 64-bit. 

Are you sure???. In Windows 7 x64, 32 bits applications run in a virtual machine wich emulates a 32 bits OS. Is not it the same thing in Windows 10??. Regards.
Of course I am sure. And no Windows 7x64 doesn't use a virtual machine to run 32 bits applications. It uses emulation which is a completely different thing.

Alain Verleyen:
Of course I am sure. And no Windows 7x64 doesn't use a virtual machine to run 32 bits applications. It uses emulation which is a completely different thing.
It's a similar thing. When you said what OP said was not true, I was very surprised. Now, at least, you admit the emulation. Regards.-

Fx taster:
Good joke :/

It's, not a joke. You can read what MetaQuotes announced here:

http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/technology/metaquotes-emphasizing-mt5-development-as-mt4-slowly-dying-out/

Exclusive: MetaQuotes Emphasizing MT5 Development, as MT4 ‘Slowly Dying Out’
Exclusive: MetaQuotes Emphasizing MT5 Development, as MT4 ‘Slowly Dying Out’
  • Jeff Patterson
  • www.financemagnates.com
MT5 has become the paramount focus of MetaQuotes as the group looks to phase out the widely utilized MT4.

It's a similar thing. When you said what OP said was not true, I was very surprised. Now, at least, you admit the emulation. Regards.-

The topic is not about emulation but about being able to run MT4 on a 64-bit system.

So when he wrote :

...but you will not be able to run it as if it's built for 64 bit system

I answered : it's not true.

Fx taster:
I don't think your pc is a guarantee you give to others to run 32 bit apps on all other 64 bit pcs.
If it works fine with you then you are lucky. No problem.
We only care about our pcs which have compatibility errors!!

Do you have a true issue or is this topic just for useless complaints and waste of time ?

I've been running MT4 for years on various 64bit operating systems and various different hardware setups. No problems to report.
Reason: