MetaQuotes "This is the last MT4 upgrade" IMPOSSIBLE !! - page 4

Bernhard Schweigert:

HAH !!

And here we go! I just got the new update for MT4 right now. Build 1030

Too much talk for nothing. MT4 will continue...

They did not say they would stop it, they would let it starve out. However, it may take years for the MT5 to overrun the MT4 in number of users.

1031 now.

Lots of steps, all in the same direction. We just don't know the distance. 

honest_knave:

1031 now.

Lots of steps, all in the same direction. We just don't know the distance. 

Welcome back updates
We hope this will always happen

New MetaTrader 4 Platform build (1030) 1031

The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on December 16, 2016. We have fixed some bugs based on crash reports.

The head of sales said: "We do not expect to see any developments to come out of MT4 ever again. Given this, MT4 is slowly dying out".

Bug fixes aren't development, they are just a necessity to support the product as it stands. So MT4's slow march to the grave continues. 

I would not take that as a bible. All statistice showed that people do still prefer MT4.

To me, the progression is (and has been) obvious for some time. MetaQuotes want to finish with MT4.

MetaQuotes have got themselves into a tricky position. MT4 has had tremendous success but unfortunately we humans are creatures of habit; we don't like change.

Even though there is now an established replacement product, MetaQuotes customers' customers are reluctant to move over. It makes no sense to run products competing with one another but they need to control the transition. A large number of people were unhappy when XP got turned off, but at least most things worked on the replacement O/S by that point. Having said that, Microsoft made a lot of money off their dead O/S with custom support packages to various government bodies around the world!

MQL4 has been overhauled so in time most MQL4 products should be easily ported to MQL5.

Starve out MT4, merge the platforms, make MT5 more attractive (.ex4 compatibility?) are the obvious options.

To make EA or indicator for mt5 more difficult than making for mt4. The language 100℅ different totaly. I think Need great effort and cost much more to convert or re-write that one. And the volume of user on mt4 still much more than mt5.

I am also hear if metaquotes will stopped development for mt4 and will focus on devleopment for mt5, if this occur whether slowly mt4 will not used anymore?

So far I am using mt4 platform and also already satisfied but why should stopped

honest_knave:

To me, the progression is (and has been) obvious for some time. MetaQuotes want to finish with MT4.

MetaQuotes have got themselves into a tricky position. MT4 has had tremendous success but unfortunately we humans are creatures of habit; we don't like change.

Even though there is now an established replacement product, MetaQuotes customers' customers are reluctant to move over. It makes no sense to run products competing with one another but they need to control the transition. A large number of people were unhappy when XP got turned off, but at least most things worked on the replacement O/S by that point. Having said that, Microsoft made a lot of money off their dead O/S with custom support packages to various government bodies around the world!

MQL4 has been overhauled so in time most MQL4 products should be easily ported to MQL5.

Starve out MT4, merge the platforms, make MT5 more attractive (.ex4 compatibility?) are the obvious options.

Yes, MT5 is supposed to be a replacement for MT4 currently. But originally it was introduced as a complement product to the MT4, for the non-Forex markets. This is what I see as the source of the current misunderstanding.

If they released a new product line and called it a successor of both MT4 and MT5, their life would be easier.

Ovo Cz:

Yes, MT5 is supposed to be a replacement for MT4 currently. But originally it was introduced as a complement product to the MT4, for the non-Forex markets. This is what I see as the source of the current misunderstanding.

If they released a new product line and called it a successor of both MT4 and MT5, their life would be easier.

yes it will be more profession to release a new product, instead of using MT5 
Reason: