So finally. We do not ex­pect to see any de­vel­op­ments to come out of MT4 ever again - page 4

Carlo Colombo:

Reading some comments it seems that the only difference from MT4 to MT5 is about programming.

The truth is, there is only a cosmetic difference in between the current MQL4 and MQL5 programming. The incompatibility is in the trading logic and the the corresponding built-in commands in MT5. 

On the other hand MT5 uses some advanced features, like renting the Strategy Tester cluster, but MT4 has significant advantage in huge stock of free code behind.

When the MQL4 language changed, the biggest problem was with the compatibility of the previous code (though I do not understand why they invested into this update when they intended to phase-out the MT4). So I believe the biggest problem is the code transition again.

Ovo Cz:

So I believe the biggest problem is the code transition again.

I agree with you that at this point, about coding is not a problem for programmers.

But very often programmers thinks that MT4 is a programming environment or a programming language, instead MT4/MT5 are trading platforms that support automated strategies.

Seeing MT4 and MT5 from the right point of view (trading environments) the reason about their success or fail is determined by traders, not by programmers satisfied or not.

And until forex traders wants be free to open more buy and sell orders of different sizes at the same times, MT5 will fail to satisfy traders.

Carlo Colombo:

Reading some comments it seems that the only difference from MT4 to MT5 is about programming.

The reason why MT5 was born dead was about trading style, only one position for Symbol was (and is) not accepted from traders.

If now they have added hedging (2 positions for Symbol) is not enough and traders will not accept this.

MT5 hedging is now exactly the same trading style as MT4. It allows any number of positions, not only 2.

Alain Verleyen:
MT5 hedging is now exactly the same trading style as MT4. It allows any number of positions, not only 2.

Sorry, you say that on MT5 now I can open, for example, on EURUSD, a buy of 0,01 lots another buy of 1,00 lots a sell of 0,45 lots and see all these (3) different positions ( with their different opene prices) under the terminal exactly as MT4?

And that I can close any of these orders without influence other order status?

I ask you this because actually I've trading account with Pepperstone, ICMarkets, HotForex, GBE Brokers, Tallinex, Darwinex, FxPrimus but none of these broker has MT5 platform ....

Carlo Colombo:

Sorry, you say that on MT5 now I can open, for example, on EURUSD, a buy of 0,01 lots another buy of 1,00 lots a sell of 0,45 lots and see all these (3) different positions ( with their different opene prices) under the terminal exactly as MT4?

And that I can close any of these orders without influence other order status?

I ask you this because actually I've trading account with Pepperstone, ICMarkets, HotForex, GBE Brokers, Tallinex, Darwinex, FxPrimus but none of these broker has MT5 platform ....

Yes, you can open many independent positions on one instrument simultaneously and close without interfering.

The condition is that your broker must offer the new MT5 platform with heddging capabilitiy.

Matthias 

Dr Matthias Hammelsbeck:

Yes, you can open many independent positions on one instrument simultaneously and close without interfering.

The condition is that your broker must offer the new MT5 platform with heddging capabilitiy.

Matthias 

Ok, many thanks for info, because I've found a broker of mine that has MT5, it's Fibo.eu, I've just installed MT5 and tried demo, but the trading behaviour is classic, only one position for instrument.

I'm curious to know what are actually brokers regulated in UK, USA, Australia or Europe that offers MT5 on real accounts with trading style like MT4 ....

Well you have to check the checkbox 'hedging account' upon opening the (demo) account.

whroeder1:
  1. Moderators are not Metaquotes, they are users, like us, with extra buttons.
  2. This is a user's forum not Metaquotes.

1) No. moderators are part of team and thay MUST develope company too.

2) They are allways busy. 

eevviill12:

1) No. moderators are part of team and thay MUST develope company too.

Some are working for Metaquotes, some not. I am not. Anyway the ones who are working for MQ are just employees, if you want to ask something you have to contact MQ directly. It's completely useless to complain on the forum.

2) They are allways busy. 

Sure. Not you ?

Carlo Colombo:

Ok, many thanks for info, because I've found a broker of mine that has MT5, it's Fibo.eu, I've just installed MT5 and tried demo, but the trading behaviour is classic, only one position for instrument.

I'm curious to know what are actually brokers regulated in UK, USA, Australia or Europe that offers MT5 on real accounts with trading style like MT4 ....

If they don't provide hedging account you should talk to the broker. It's no more a platform issue.
Reason: