Subscribing to Signals

Hey guys..

if i subscribe with my real account at FXCM to an Signal provided here at mql5.com via my MT4..

Can i then leave my PC turned off? Or has my PC and MT4 Plattform to be on, so the signals can be recieved ?

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

You always need to have a MetaTrader receiving the signals and trading on your account,
this can be realized by your pc or a remote VPS (virtual private server: a remote pc desktop),
with an active MetaTrader on it.

Hi Guys,

Please, if i subscribe to a signal provider and wish to unsubscribe before the stipulated time,

perhaps i realize that the signal i subscribe to is no longer doing fine.

How do i go about this please. 

eliassey:

Hi Guys,

Please, if i subscribe to a signal provider and wish to unsubscribe before the stipulated time,

perhaps i realize that the signal i subscribe to is no longer doing fine.

How do i go about this please. 

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service

hi folks, thank to all of you for your valuable comments and activity.

i am a new member of this community and testing meta trader 5 features and trading activities for my trading activities.

frankly speaking, i found the system a bit dense and complicated in terms of terms and definitions,

for ex. i did not understand the difference between signal subscription process and expert adviser , 

whether i should subscribe to signals or download experts to use auto trading function, if both is for same purposes , then

why two exists instead of one ?    ..etc..etc

many questions that i could not find the answers neither in the documentation nor on the web site 

sek1919:

i am a new member of this community and testing meta trader 5 features and trading activities for my trading activities.

frankly speaking, i found the system a bit dense and complicated in terms of terms and definitions,

for ex. i did not understand the difference between signal subscription process and expert adviser , 

whether i should subscribe to signals or download experts to use auto trading function, if both is for same purposes , then

many questions that i could not find the answers neither in the documentation nor on the web site 

Experts are automatic traders, plug and play,you buy.

signal is the auto trader expert, sending copy trades to your account, a signal service,you rent per month.

AndreyB:

Hey guys..

if i subscribe with my real account at FXCM to an Signal provided here at mql5.com via my MT4..

Can i then leave my PC turned off? Or has my PC and MT4 Plattform to be on, so the signals can be recieved ?

oddpip gave a good answer

"You always need to have a MetaTrade or MT4 or MT5, receiving the signals and trading on your account,
this can be realized by your pc or a remote VPS (virtual private server: a remote pc desktop),
with an active MetaTrader on it."
Some brokers provide vps for free with a real account, some have their own systems as well.

sek1919:

An expert advisor (EA) is a robot that can automatically trade for you. You have to install it on your platform, then you can run it and change settings as you want.

With a signal subscription, you follow the trading of someone (the provider) which you trust enough to trade for you. Once subscribed, you have little control (except unsubscribe) on the trading. For you it's an other form of automatic trading, but the provider doesn't mandatory use an Expert Advisor, he can trade as he wants, also manually.

So you have more control on trading with an Expert Advisor.

Reason: