Incorrect order

Hi guy. can someone tell me why this is happening?

Incorrect closed price

As in the picture, the system buy at incorrect price. The candle not even reach that high. How come this happen? It also happen when closing order as well. It close at very weird price. Here is portion of the code i believe to be the source but have no idea why.

if(close[1] >= 10)
{
    buy();
}
if(Close[1] <= 5)
{
    closebuy();
}

//===============================Buy order code.
   int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, vol, Ask, Slippage, 0,0, "",magic,0,clrNONE);
   if(ticket<0)
     {
      Print("OrderSend failed when try to BUY with error #",GetLastError());
      RefreshRates();
     }
   else
   {
      Print("OrderSend placed successfully");
   }

//================================Close order code

int PositionIndex;
    int TotalNumberOfOrders;
    TotalNumberOfOrders = OrdersTotal(); 

//    Close all buy open order
    for(PositionIndex = TotalNumberOfOrders - 1; PositionIndex >= 0 ; PositionIndex --)
       {
       if( ! OrderSelect(PositionIndex, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) ) continue;

if( OrderMagicNumber() == magic
          && OrderSymbol() == Symbol()
          && OrderType() == OP_BUY)
          {
             if ( ! OrderClose( OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), OrderClosePrice(), Slippage ) )
             {
             Print("Order Close failed when try to close buy order, order number: ", OrderTicket(), " Error: ", GetLastError() );
             RefreshRates();
             }
          }
       }

you buy at ask and the chart draw the bid

int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, vol, Ask, Slippage, 0,0, "",magic,0,clrNONE)
So what should I do to make it close at correct price? I notice not only the buy order but the sell order also.And apparently change from Ask=>Bid doesn't work.

nguye235:
So what should I do to make it close at correct price? I notice not only the buy order but the sell order also.And apparently change from Ask=>Bid doesn't work.
Nothing much you can do about it other than try to get an account with tighter spreads, or write code to place the order if the price is lower than that.

nguye235:

That's how MT4 Bid chart works. It shows Bid & your market Buy trade entered on Ask. A better way will be to turn on Ask Line in your chart from menu "Tools > Options > Charts" & click "Show ask line".

I don't worry how the chart display. The thing concern me is that the order was created at incorrect price which lead to money loss.

In this case, my EA send an order when the candle end its time ==> which I think the price for the buy order should be around 1316.60 not at 1317.10. That's 50 pips different.Am i misunderstood something?

Yes, you don't notice that gold, silver have a very wide spread? Low spreads usually GBPUSD and EURUSD.

If you want to play gold/silver, you need to have big starting money too.

nguye235:

I don't worry how the chart display. The thing concern me is that the order was created at incorrect price which lead to money loss.

In this case, my EA send an order when the candle end its time ==> which I think the price for the buy order should be around 1316.60 not at 1317.10. That's 50 pips different.Am i misunderstood something?

Open a new order window on your chart and you will see the difference between Ask and Bid.
50 cent spread for Gold is quite normal. Personally I equate that to 5 pips, not 50.

Think if Gold was priced in 1/1000 of an ounce, it would be 1.31660/1.31710, not so different than EURUSD

If EURUSD was priced at 1.31660/1.31710 would you call that a 50 pip or 5 pip spread?

deysmacro:

Yes, you don't notice that gold, silver have a very wide spread? Low spreads usually GBPUSD and EURUSD.

If you want to play gold/silver, you need to have big starting money too.

So the spread is not because of the ea but rather the market then. So is there someway to limit the spread?

GumRai:

Open a new order window on your chart and you will see the difference between Ask and Bid.
50 cent spread for Gold is quite normal. Personally I equate that to 5 pips, not 50.

Think if Gold was priced in 1/1000 of an ounce, it would be 1.31660/1.31710, not so different than EURUSD

If EURUSD was priced at 1.31660/1.31710 would you call that a 50 pip or 5 pip spread?

Personally, they way I count pip is: for gold 1 pip = 1cent = 0.01. For thing like gpbusd, 1 pip = 0.0001

Actually those spreads are set by the broker.

nguye235:

Personally, they way I count pip is: for gold 1 pip = 1cent = 0.01. For thing like gpbusd, 1 pip = 0.0001

You are free to count pips any way that you like, but, if you use 0.01 a 50 pip spread on Gold sounds much larger than it actually is
As far as I am aware, with most brokers for 1 lot

Gold - if 1 pip = 0.01, pip value is $1

Gold - if 1 pip = 0.1, pip value is $10

GBPUSD - if 1 pip = 0.0001, pip value is $10

That is why I prefer to use 0.1 for Gold, so that pip value for 1 lot is similar to other symbols

Reason: