MetaTrader 4 Platform Update build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer - page 10

Hmm is this a new thing in 625 or has it done this for several versions and I'm just noticing it?

Kind of like the handwriting on the wall and the look of things to come.. as suggested by WHRoeder's Avatar....

>

alexvd:

class A
{
static double counter;
public:
static void Increase()
{
counter++;
}
};

I got unresolved static variable 'A::counter' error when compiling this. In the help, "It is not required to initialize static class members explicitly at the global level, they will be initialized automatically when you start the program. The static member of the integer and real type is automatically initialized with zero, to type string NULL is assigned. For static members of the complex type the default constructor is called; if there is none, then a constructor with default parameters is called."

But in reality, I have to explicitly initialize the static variable (below) to pass the compilation. This behaviour is different from previous build where I don't have to explicitly initialize static variables or it is ok to initialise at my class constructor.

class A
{
static double counter;
public:
static void Increase()
{
counter++;
}
};

double A::counter=0;

Is the help file correct? So from now all static variables should be explicitly initialized?

ankitag2010:

Can't we just add an exception to Symantec Endpoint Protection?

Excepiton and disabling SEP didn't work for my environment.

So I tried to uninstall SEP. And it works fine

k-miyoshi:

Excepiton and disabling SEP didn't work for my environment.

So I tried to uninstall SEP. And it works fine

We know about this problem. Just wait a bit. We are preparing new build with some fixes.

williamwong:

I got unresolved static variable 'A::counter' error when compiling this. In the help, "It is not required to initialize static class members explicitly at the global level, they will be initialized automatically when you start the program. The static member of the integer and real type is automatically initialized with zero, to type string NULL is assigned. For static members of the complex type the default constructor is called; if there is none, then a constructor with default parameters is called."

But in reality, I have to explicitly initialize the static variable (below) to pass the compilation.

Thank you for your message. MQL4 compiler has been changed, this block from https://docs.mql4.com/basis/oop/staticmembers will be removed entirely

It is not required to initialize static class members explicitly at the global level, they will be initialized automatically when you start the program. The static member of the integer and real type is automatically initialized with zero, to type string NULL is assigned. For static members of the complex type the default constructor is called; if there is none, then a constructor with default parameters is called.

Next sentense will be changed from

The static member of a class can be explicitly initialized with a desired value. To do this, it must be defined and initialized at the global level.

to

The static member of a class must be explicitly initialized with a desired value at the global level.

MQL4 reference will be updated soon.

alimoh:

Today MT4 updated to buld 625 and now cannot load my expert advisor on the chart. checked the expert log getting this error

memory handler cannot allocate 4294967295 bytes of memory, and on expert tab error cannot load c:\program files\meta trader\mql4\experts\EA.ex4 .

Is there anyway I can go back to build 610? EA was working fine build 610, not working on 625,, please advise

thank you

If you really want to get an answer you better write to servicedesk and provide the source code of your EA.

Somewhere in your EA you are trying to allocate an enourmous amount of memory at once. Try to debug your code.

Jimdandy:

Hmm is this a new thing in 625 or has it done this for several versions and I'm just noticing it?

Kind of like the handwriting on the wall and the look of things to come.. as suggested by WHRoeder's Avatar....

I already wrote about this, it happens even when the mql5 is not checked in the searc box settings. in earlier bulds too.

szgy74:

I already wrote about this, it happens even when the mql5 is not checked in the searc box settings. in earlier bulds too.

It has nothing to do with the search. It's just a link to the website. Rather then have two buttons they chose one that switches every minute. . . . OK, now it's bothering me. I can't stop looking at it.

euclid:

It has nothing to do with the search. It's just a link to the website. Rather then have two buttons they chose one that switches every minute. . . . OK, now it's bothering me. I can't stop looking at it.

Cann yo turn the older verson becouse as you see you failed.nd thi progrramme is about money.İwil use metastock in these circumstces
Reason: