MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 29

cbalta:

hello, an improvement suggestion:

because of testing risks, we need to develop ea's based on bar openings.

in real EA run, if broker tick is late (price is fixed for example during 10 seconds), in the new M1 bar opening time, EA do not recalculate itself, and this poduce a delay.

this is also valid for M5, M15, M30, H1 etc. bar openings.

i suggested to broker, when bar opening time, even the price is not changed, push a fake price tick to awaken the EA, for the new bar opening.

but the real solution may come from you.

solution suggestion with example:

if time is 10:25:59 do nothing

if time is 10:26:00 do nothing

if time is 10:26:01 and new M1 bar is not already opened, because, the price is not changed and because of that broker did not send new tick..

then open new bars, using last known prices (bid,ask) and call OnTick() - Start event..

this will make, EA testing and eA on real run identical, with accurate bar opening triggered EA's.

Actually you can schedule a timer event in the build 529+, so you may run your methods every single seconds if you feel it helps your strategy..

This was posted by a friend of mine. Build 616. No comments needed, except perhaps what he told : he was lucky that this is a demo, since if it will do things like these on a live account too ...

Ovo:

Actually you can schedule a timer event in the build 529+, so you may run your methods every single seconds if you feel it helps your strategy..

hello, timer will not open internal data bars in chart. so, EA will not calculate new bar opening conditions. when price changes broker sends new prices, causes new bars opened. 10-15 seconds latency possible, if price is not changed for a while.. this is especially problem with, volume averaged - filtered prices..

mladen:

This was posted by a friend of mine. Build 616. No comments needed, except perhaps what he told : he was lucky that this is a demo, since if it will do things like these on a live account too ...

USDJPY famous for making big semi circle moves, TP on those buys right now and hold onto the sells.

Could anyone upload the Metaeditor from b. 616? The version 900 I found is thread unsafe and contains unacceptable indicator window issues.

Edit: I just restored from backup something with signature 904. I am going to try it.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to check if the most current data has been loaded into Time[] array after a timeframe change?

I'm running into 'array out of range' errors when timeframe has been changed and a significant amount of new candle data needs to be downloaded from MetaQuotes server. Seems it takes some time to download new data and put it in Time[] array, but until this happens my code runs into 'array out of range'.

I tried the code below but this still runs into 'array out of range' sometimes:

if (ArraySize(Time) > 5) Print("time:  ",Time[5]); 

Hi guys,

Maybe such errors on build 610 have already been reported somewhere else, but as my patience is becoming really scarce (due in large part to the problems arising from build 610...), I have no other choice but to report them here (again).

When loading a certain EA on a chart I get the following "dependencies" error messages (which are not just dependencies but really errors, as the EA does not function properly):

. used32.dll
int PostMessageA(int, int, int, int)
int RegisterWindowMessageA(string)

. stdlib.dll
string ErrorDescription(int)

bool CompareDoubles(double, double)

Additionally, I get the following error message:

2014.03.18 12:18:29.586 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\11E1D2B7557F4CE8951C04555C91AB32\MQL4\Libraries\user32.dll' is not 32-bit version

None of such problems appear on build 600, btw...

I'd truly appreciate if someone could pls shed some light on how to resolve these extremely annoying issues involving build 610.

Many thanks,

HC

SDC:
USDJPY famous for making big semi circle moves, TP on those buys right now and hold onto the sells.

See the stop loss levels. Not talking about the orders or prices. Talking about stop losses not executed

I apologize, I didnt look at it properly I thought he was doing some kind of hedging, I see what you mean now.

mladen:

Those stop loss levels are on his broker's server. The broker needs to explain why their server is not closing orders. That demo server needs rebooted apparently.
Reason: