MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 28

angevoyageur:
I can only think to one way, by checking your code.

i have put print out statement after entering my expert and before exiting my expert. mt4 hangs after exiting my expert. Corruption somewhere?

williamwong:

i have put print out statement after entering my expert and before exiting my expert. mt4 hangs after exiting my expert. Corruption somewhere?

Maybe, difficult to say if the problem comes from your EA or from MT4. I can check if you send the code or you can write directly to the Service Desk.

Add Print statements at the start of every function and just before the start of every loop. When it hangs, you'll know where. Track it down.

WHRoeder:
Add Print statements at the start of every function and just before the start of every loop. When it hangs, you'll know where. Track it down.

That's a lot of work I'd imagine.

You could try running it in the debugger

angevoyageur:

Maybe, difficult to say if the problem comes from your EA or from MT4. I can check if you send the code or you can write directly to the Service Desk.

I have the same Problems, seems that the built 610 has some Problems with the memorymap, where the Eas are stores. always by changing something, or recompiling the MT4 shut down. i hope that comes soon a new update, where this is solved.
Another big Problem is, that cannot change the Folder where the ea and the log files are stored.
Mostr new Computers have small quickly Harddisk with the system, and a big HArddisk for the programs, MT4 installes the new folders always on the C: so if you run strategietests the logs make very quickly full the small harddisk.
Tis was not a good Idea to make this Folder fix.
I hope that here will be also another solution.

SURPRISE !!!

The terminal got updated to 617 and the compiler failed compiling sources that were untouched since build 529. They screwed the "static" keyword, once again, fatally. If you use with a class member, it won't compile.

Please MQs, if you read it here, take apart the "compatilble" and "OOP" syntax, and get rid of this super mess. Thank you.

I am going to search for the old compiler in VPS's, hopefully I'll find some old one.

Ovo:

SURPRISE !!!

The terminal got updated to 617 and the compiler failed compiling sources that were untouched since build 529. They screwed the "static" keyword, once again, fatally. If you use with a class member, it won't compile.

Please MQs, if you read it here, take apart the "compatilble" and "OOP" syntax, and get rid of this super mess. Thank you.

I am going to search for the old compiler in VPS's, hopefully I'll find some old one.

From where can get the new update, till now no automatic update.
If you need an old compiler I can send to you

forexangel:

From where can get the new update, till now no automatic update.
If you need an old compiler I can send to you

Thank you, I already got something old in the VPS, and it compiles for me... I can go on. If someone needs it, it is attached.
Files:
metaeditor_900.zip  2891 kb

hello, an improvement suggestion:

because of testing risks, we need to develop ea's based on bar openings.

in real EA run, if broker tick is late (price is fixed for example during 10 seconds), in the new M1 bar opening time, EA do not recalculate itself, and this poduce a delay.

this is also valid for M5, M15, M30, H1 etc. bar openings.

i suggested to broker, when bar opening time, even the price is not changed, push a fake price tick to awaken the EA, for the new bar opening.

but the real solution may come from you.

solution suggestion with example:

if time is 10:25:59 do nothing

if time is 10:26:00 do nothing

if time is 10:26:01 and new M1 bar is not already opened, because, the price is not changed and because of that broker did not send new tick..

then open new bars, using last known prices (bid,ask) and call OnTick() - Start event..

this will make, EA testing and eA on real run identical, with accurate bar opening triggered EA's.

Reason: