EA .mq4 file not showing up in navigator or tester

Hi,

My tester is not showing some EA's in the drop down list. The navigator is not showing them either.

I saved a new EA, compiled it, and saved it to experts folder. it is saved as .mq4

I've closed everything down, and restarted everything. Several times.

the new .mq4 does not show up anywhere except in the metaeditor editing window.

It's not even showing up in the metaeditor navigator.

Is there a limit as to how many EA's the tester will display in the drop down menu?

Thanks

moneycode:

Hi,

My tester is not showing some EA's in the drop down list. The navigator is not showing them either.

I saved a new EA, compiled it, and saved it to experts folder. it is saved as .mq4

Is this a UAC issue ? did you look in the Virtual Store and try putting your EA in there ?

moneycode:

Is there a limit as to how many EA's the tester will display in the drop down menu?

Yes there is.

RaptorUK:
Is this a UAC issue ? did you look in the Virtual Store and try putting your EA in there ?

I'll try the uac first.

moneycode:
I'll try the uac first.

Its the same thing . . . UAC uses the Virtual Store.

Okay. I turned off UAC and didn't fix it. I also checked in VirtualStore and didn't see any mt4 files in there anywhere.

If there is a limit as how many EA's the tester will contain in the drop down menu, how would I get rid of some of them in that drop down. Any idea what the limit number is?

I opened a NEW EA and named/saved that one, and it did show up in the tester, and terminal navigator. So i copied my code into that new one.

Also, the original EA I could not get to show up in mt4, would show up when I went through the Computer files to find it. In there it was in the Experts folder. It just wouldn't show up in the Terminal, or in the Editor navigator, and still doesn't show up.

moneycode:

I opened a NEW EA and named/saved that one, and it did show up in the tester, and terminal navigator. So i copied my code into that new one.

Also, the original EA I could not get to show up in mt4, would show up when I went through the Computer files to find it. In there it was in the Experts folder. It just wouldn't show up in the Terminal, or in the Editor navigator, and still doesn't show up.

Sounds like a UAC issue to me . . . read up on the issue and understand it before you try and fix it.

RaptorUK:
Sounds like a UAC issue to me . . . read up on the issue and understand it before you try and fix it.

If that were the only issue, then it would make perfect sense, but since I can't receive any M1 history either (not to mention the import function doesn't work), do you think there could be a broader issue causing all of it?

moneycode:
If that were the only issue, then it would make perfect sense, but since I can't receive any M1 history either (not to mention the import function doesn't work), do you think there could be a broader issue causing all of it?
I think your other issue may not be connected and may not be an issue . . . but impatience. I could b wrong . . . but I have seen exactly what you have described.

moneycode:

Hi,

Thanks

copy /MQL/EXPERT
Reason: