Beta MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 9

I have a wish for the Metaeditor regarding the class parser output:

Here is comparison of how the function list is displayed in Metaeditor and the same source in Notepad+. I find the Notepad list much more comfortable, so if there is some wish list, I'd put it on.

Metaeditor popup ===>>> Notepad+ pane

Alexvd,

Try the file I uploaded. I am providing the code and the information needed.

He is an expert. If you try it in mt4 v 509, displays an alert with the code which calculates to a computer, brand style "eagd2f1f".

If installed in mt4 v560, the Get_PC_Code.ex4 file nothing appears. It is inert.

I've got the code from this file, and compiled with v560, observed that the alert displays: "???".

I have noticed that many other codes do not work and fail to extract a string from a dll file.

And experts do not work.

There are serious errors in the new mt4 and still are not solved.

#import "pccode.dll"
   string GetPCC();
#import

int start() 
{
   Alert("Your PC Code is: ", GetPCC());
   return (0);
}

Alabarce:

The best way to solve your problem is attaching all sources (might be reduced) into service desk ticket.

Please, pay attention that all strings you are returning from DLL is Unicode.

That means it breaks completely with the legacy code.

I do not have the ability to modify the code of dll libraries.

A modification is necessary to have the necessary codes to run compatibility.

I do not get the translation right.

But if you are trying to I write to the Service Desk will not do it, because this is a thread that should be heard by Metaquotes.

The thread in Russian language is visited and write assiduously developers.

I strongly recommend you write to service desk if you really want to be heard by Metaquotes.

Alabarce:

I do not have the ability to modify the code of dll libraries.

A modification is necessary to have the necessary codes to run compatibility.

I do not get the translation right.

But if you are trying to I write to the Service Desk will not do it, because this is a thread that should be heard by Metaquotes.

The thread in Russian language is visited and write assiduously developers.

I placed the DLL to the MetaTrader 4\experts\libraries folder. It worked. I am not sure if this location is intention or a bug, but so far all the ex4 executables compiled by 509 worked for me, unless they relied on the obsolete directory structure or the hst file.

Ovo:

I placed the DLL to the MetaTrader 4\experts\libraries folder. I worked. I am not sure if this location is intention or a bug, but so far all the ex4 executables compiled by 509 worked for me, unless they relied on the obsolete directory structure or the hst file.

I'm talking about string. Manages the string so erroneous data.
Int and doubles the data handled properly.

Have you checked if any dll that has tried any string handled?

Alabarce:

I'm talking about string. Manages the string so erroneous data.
Int and doubles the data handled properly.

Have you checked if any dll that has tried any string handled?

Is it a new topic, or do you still discuss your original DLL issue?

Do you talk about the recent ex4 compatibility or about the new compiler?

Both do work for me, except for the string array. Could you give me an example, where the plain strings did not work?

alexvd:

Try to use TimeGMT() function which is implemented in new compiler.

Yes I looked at it, however the problem is that TimeGMT() calculates from local time, not server time, whereas for example Time[] returns time of bar start according to server time.

So to convert, say, Time[0] into GMT you need either a) LOCAL time of bar[0] or b) server time in GMT.

But to get either local time of bar[0] or server time in GMT you need CURRENT server time (or GMT offset for the server), not the time of the last tick from the server (problematic if user works with data over the weekend).

Furthermore even if current server time is available, calculations are still only accurate for the last bar since both the local computer's time as well as server's time can enter or exit DST at different times (and so timezone time difference between server and client can increase or decrease for a while until the other timezone also enters/exits DST - if it uses DST at all), which makes it difficult to get Time[] in GMT of some past bar since DST might have gone in or out of effect at either the client or the server in the meantime and this is something that the current timezone difference doesn't show (this is needed when initializing the indicator so that arrows are drawn at the same bars on historic data).

It would be nice if Time[] returned GMT time (which doesn't use DST at all) and leave it to the user to convert to either the server or local time.

I just wonder, if anyone has experience with the new editor subversion support. In particular I wonder, if (and how) I could change the repository URL to a different one. Did anyone try?

Reason: