Beta MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 7

Hi Guys,

This may be a stupid question, but how can i create an account on demo.metaquotes.net in order to get testing?

Thanks,

Samps

Ovo: Fix needed: In 556 all text labels in indicator sub-windows got invisible.
Doesn't matter what window. If ObjProp_Distance is used it becomes invisible.
#property indicator_chart_window

void start(){
   ObjectsDeleteAll();
   string NameOfObject="NameOfObject";
   ObjectCreate(NameOfObject,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0,0,0);
   ObjectSet(NameOfObject,OBJPROP_XDISTANCE,0);
   ObjectSet(NameOfObject,OBJPROP_YDISTANCE,0);
   ObjectSetText(NameOfObject,NameOfObject,14,"Tahoma",Gold);
}

GreatSamps: This may be a stupid question, but how can i create an account on demo.metaquotes.net in order to get testing?

Download a New|Clean Terminal. Open the Terminal ... Follow the Menu.

Tools > Options > Server_Tab. Enter the demo.metaquotes.net:444 for Server Name.

Apply for a demo account <-Example. Restart.

*** If it doesn't update automatically ... throw a live_update file from your current version into the folder.

ubzen:

Download a New|Clean Terminal. Open the Terminal ... Follow the Menu.

Tools > Options > Server_Tab. Enter the demo.metaquotes.net:444 for Server Name.

Apply for a demo account <-Example. Restart.

*** If it doesn't update automatically ... throw a live_update file from your current version into the folder.

perfect, thanks for your help!

Another glitch:

Keyword static is accepted within a class method. It compiles without warning, but the indicator fails to init. The log reports memory leak.

I expect the static keyword cannot be used in the method body.

Note: this is interference of two meanings of a single keyword, one originating from old syntax, the other from the new one... I expect there will be more glitches like that.

SDC: I didnt use MetaTrader5. MetaEditor 5.00 build 880 is the editor version included with MT4 builds 556 and 557.

I think you misunderstood what I was doing. I was not trying to find a working solution to a problem. I had some time this morning so I was testing the latest beta release for an issue Ovo reported in an earlier beta release, to determine if it still existed for the purpose of submitting a current bug report. (Ubzen has set up bug report log on his profile for this purpose.) Such testing and reporting might help the development team get us closer to a stable release we can work with.

Problem Solved ... Built 558.

Ovo: Fix needed: Within an indicator source, if there are both OnStart() and OnCalculate() (a single one) functions, the compiler fails with I suppose that OnStart should be ignored in indicators the same way as it is in experts.
Problem Solved. Now behaves like mql5 ... Built 558.

Today I lost several hours with casting problems, until I realized, that the debugger was guilty.

The debugger does not keep the original object class and throws error on the cast expression, while in the terminal it gets through.

Ufff.

Mistreated users No Russian language, and now they have been left alone.

No one is willing to work with the Beta test.
Abuse to users to pay before or after. But it always takes its toll.

i create a account on demo.metaquotes.net:444. but automatic update not start. what can i do now.
Reason: