importance newslines on chart what is more important ??

I like to know from you what you think is more important

it is about news from forex factory calendar

at newstime i make an indicator like i had done before for the dailyfx displaying vertical lines

i wanna have also a line for the start of a bank holiday

the color of a line will depend of the different news importance

but when i have at the same bar the start of a bank holiday and also high importance news what color should i give then that line

extern color  news_high_color    = Red;         
extern color  news_medium_color  = Orange;         
extern color  news_low_color     = Blue;
extern color  Bank_Holiday_Color = DarkOrchid;

indicator forex factory

I am now that far with programming my indicator that i have to define the color of the verticale line

deVries: but when i have at the same bar the start of a bank holiday and also high importance news what color should i give then that line
Two lines one wider than the other? Displaying of Support/Resistance Levels - MQL4 Articles

WHRoeder:
Two lines one wider than the other? Displaying of Support/Resistance Levels - MQL4 Articles

William, thank you, very good idea ....

forexfactory lines

how it looks with different line displaying also

how does this look like

with also different choice of line dotted

like to know what you think the indicator can do

then i will see if i can make it inside before posting it to codebase

Suggest:

(1) Top left hand corner display: (a) Place time (hour & minutes only) before Description (b) Up/Down arrow OR +/- next to Currency indicating Real change from Previous when current news are published, so that user does not have to open FF site to look at what happened in news because you are copying news here, and this will define Indicator's utility, this will need refreshing with news data every chosen interval.

(2) Vertical lines & Event description along vertical lines is "Visually Overwhelming & clutters the screen", leaving no space for other Indicators if user wants them on. This may be replaced with something smaller size notation / wingding / half inch V-line object before vertical description at the bottom area where we have optional Volume display, so that it does not occupy much space of screen without losing its purpose.

Regards

T

Tasleem:

Suggest:

(1) Top left hand corner display: (a) Place time (hour & minutes only) before Description (b) Up/Down arrow OR +/- next to Currency indicating Real change from Previous when current news are published, so that user does not have to open FF site to look at what happened in news because you are copying news here, and this will define Indicator's utility, this will need refreshing with news data every chosen interval.

(2) Vertical lines & Event description along vertical lines is "Visually Overwhelming & clutters the screen", leaving no space for other Indicators if user wants them on. This may be replaced with something smaller size notation / wingding / half inch V-line object before vertical description at the bottom area where we have optional Volume display, so that it does not occupy much space of screen without losing its purpose.

Regards

T

(1) a Placing time before description possible also without seconds but personally i like it to see with seconds

with seconds you can see simply new tick happens or your MT4 is connected to broker

b We don't have actual data from the newsfeed so it is not uploaded

if it was then for what you want we have to update very often to see if actual is published

this will lead to a overload FF server and the website will be down

Also when the actual data is uploaded news has already moved the price

So search a commercial newsfeed where you get the data at first second if you want trade the news depending on forecast/actual numbers

for getting it that way it is you have to pay

(2) "Visually Overwhelming & clutters the screen"

there is no reason this is a problem news on screen can be selected you see only your selected selection

the lines are made using object trend so they come only to see on chart window

have done one input more that if you have chosen to see linetext you can also choose for how many bars the text will be displayed

extern bool   Bank_Holiday_On   = true;
extern bool   Show_Daylight_Saving_Time = true;//false;
extern bool   show_low_news     = true;
extern bool   show_medium_news  = true;
extern bool   show_high_news    = true;
string ___                             = "";
extern string Currency_choice  = "Other Currency News Settings:";
extern bool   show_eur = true;//false; // "true" puts EUR news on non-EUR pair charts 
extern bool   show_usd = true;//false; // "true" puts USD news on non-USD pair charts 
extern bool   show_jpy = true;//false;
extern bool   show_gbp = true;//false;
extern bool   show_chf = true;//false;
extern bool   show_cad = true;//false;
extern bool   show_aud = true;//false;
extern bool   show_nzd = true;//false;
extern bool   show_cny = true;//false;
//verticale lines
extern bool   show_news_lines  = true; //verticale lines show moments of news
extern bool   show_line_text   = true; //news text by verticale lines
extern int    last_bar_line_text_to_show = 10;
//timezone for testing (with template)
extern int    time_zone_gmt   = 2; 
//brokertimezone if testing
//normally GMT will be AUTOMATICLY set with
//using YOUR PC-TIME then calculate gmttimezone
extern color  news_past_color    = Gray;            
extern color  news_high_color    = Red;         
extern color  news_medium_color  = Orange;         
extern color  news_low_color     = Blue;
extern color  Bank_Holiday_Color = DarkOrchid;
extern color  Daylight_Saving_Time_Color = Yellow;    
extern color  session_upcoming_title_color = Chartreuse;

//---- input parameters left uppercorner
//only news timedifferece < day
extern int  show_min_before_news = 60;
extern int  show_min_after_news = 30;

news example

when holiday it will be displayed this way till one day after it starts

other suggestions ????

One quick side note (and forgive me if this has been mentioned in the posts above), but if you intend on importing the data points from ForexFactory, you may want to reconsider...

I say this because they have some serious issues with how they pull there economic data through (Not sure what source they use / infrastructure in doing this) and onto their site. There have been countless times where the "previous", "forecast" and "actual" are simply not correct.

You'll notice this when comparing with places like "http://ransquawk.com/" ...

Just my two cents ...

DomGilberto:

One quick side note (and forgive me if this has been mentioned in the posts above), but if you intend on importing the data points from ForexFactory, you may want to reconsider...

I say this because they have some serious issues with how they pull there economic data through (Not sure what source they use / infrastructure in doing this) and onto their site. There have been countless times where the "previous", "forecast" and "actual" are simply not correct.

You'll notice this when comparing with places like "http://ransquawk.com/" ...

Just my two cents ...

Actual numbers won't be given at the link the news come from

the importance, time news happen country news come from

and title of the news coming is what i use inside the code

Reason: