Best method to identify trend in forex - page 7

Mr Dimitar Georgiev Ivanov:

To have an uptrend it means that price is forming higher highs with lower lows. The opposite is true for downtrends. 

So you meant that higher highs with lower lows indicates an uptrend

that doesn't make sense to me.

and the opposite

lower highs and higher lows indicates a downtrend?

doesn't make sense either.

LotfiGhazouani:

My best strategy to trade the trend is Ichimoku.That's a good way to determine the direction of the market.

I'm working with and it gives good opportunities.

nice sir, how u buy sell at ichimoku ? do u use crossover of ichimoku clouds?

Mr Dimitar Georgiev Ivanov:

To have an uptrend it means that price is forming higher highs with lower lows. The opposite is true for downtrends. The moment that price no longer makes higher high, and instead makes a double or triple top (or lower high) then the trend changes to either sideways or it completely reverses.

I think you mean that for an uptrend it should be Higher Highs and Higher Lows.

Having Higher Highs and Lower Lows, means that it is only becoming more volatile and there is no trend.

I think the best trend detection is the old fashion we know ..
Moving Averages.

Ichimoku is a full trading system. The Indicator we all know is just a small aspect of the whole.

Using it with crossover or by cloud or whatever there is, is simply faulty.

Do some research on it. It is the best system I have seen up to today.

The system knows about all phases of a market. Trend/Range, Sideways/Contraction, Expansion, Support/Resistance, Liquidity, SL Hunting. And anything else you need to know.

It's been developed with over 50 years of dedication. It is a superior system.

Dominik Egert: Ichimoku is a full trading system. The Indicator we all know is just a small aspect of the whole.Using it with crossover or by cloud or whatever there is, is simply faulty. Do some research on it. It is the best system I have seen up to today. The system knows about all phases of a market. Trend/Range, Sideways/Contraction, Expansion, Support/Resistance, Liquidity, SL Hunting. And anything else you need to know. It's been developed with over 50 years of dedication. It is a superior system.

I've never actually studied the Ichimoku Kinko Clouds in depth, and only looked at it very superficially! So, your post has piqued my interest and made me want to study it further.

Would you be so kind as to provide some links to good sources of information on the more advanced topics that you have mentioned (books, websites, etc.)?

I would greatly appreciate it!

EDIT: I already have these but I don't think they cover the more advance topics:

• Ichimoku Charts: An introduction to Ichimoku Kinko Clouds (Nicole Elliott)
  • Trading with Ichimoku Clouds: The Essential Guide to Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Technical Analysis (Manesh Patel)

I don't know if this gives you more information about it, as I don't know the books you mentioned.
https://youtu.be/fQ8f0EMqIrU

This video gave me the underlying Infos on my post.

And, I began to understand the indicator at a whole. But still I only scratch the surface.

Dominik Egert: I don't know if this gives you more information about it, as I don't know the books you mentioned. https://youtu.be/fQ8f0EMqIrU

This video gave me the underlying Infos on my post. And, I began to understand the indicator at a whole. But still I only scratch the surface.

Ok, thanks! I will have a look at it!

Nguyen Phuong Hoang:
The best method is draw trend lines, and using price action to to when it revert. This is my method

I agree with you, it the best form to train your eyes.

The best thing is to try opposite pairs , so you do not need any indicator or moving average

<Image deleted>

Reason: