New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 438 - page 4

Seems v438 is a short live version! Look at this : http://www.cmapllc.com/next-metatrader-build-439-is-now-here.html

Sancocho:

Hello Ross,

I have the same problem. My antivirus, Bitdefender, show me this message: Heur zygug.4 and don´t let me to update the version 438.

You have to disable your antivirus while you are doing the update for metatrader. Then re-enable the antivirus program when the update is complete. Usually, there is a system tray icon for your antivirus program that you can right-click and temporarily disable/enable the program.

pannek:

Strategy tester has problem? Where is a optimization graph?

I just noticed this change as well. But I'm not sure it's a problem/bug. A graph with a line suggests a continuous motion and tester results are seperate instances (I don't know how to explain this in English correctly). So technically a dot or bar chart would be the right graph for these results. But personally I prefer the line chart because it's easier to read.

But it might very well be that this change has been made on purpose.

I am having some intresting problems with new version as well (built 438). I trade with go markets and do most testing with GCI metatrader. Well all bots I have tried work with GCI

(still) yet with GO markets I have only managed to get 2 bots to work, naturally these are not the ones I want to trade with. Would love any assist can get.

The new version is one of the worst.

- Since 4.09 you can not download GBPAUD and GBPCAD history files

- Since this version, you can not use DLL call with your EA's

- The history file are just like swiss cheese . Hole everywhere. No history for EURUSD in 2012 for exemple....

Say thanks to your antivirus and wait for a better version.

abrikabrac:

The new version is one of the worst.

- Since 4.09 you can not download GBPAUD and GBPCAD history files

- Since this version, you can not use DLL call with your EA's

- The history file are just like swiss cheese . Hole everywhere. No history for EURUSD in 2012 for exemple....

Say thanks to your antivirus and wait for a better version.

Thank you for your responce abrikabrac, so is it safe to assume without an antivirus it would work ok.

ray:
well, I have report a bug, isn't solved yet. bug report: vertical line object visualization in seperate window https://forum.mql4.com/50504
Yes.VLine have problem.. uniqe object. For example other action than HLine when options chart is changed (chart for foreground) <-if changed

jekyo 2012.10.06 03:54edit | delete
I have a problem with my newest live update to 438 on Oanda. I have an EA that used to work just fine and now it will buy/sell as programed and set the intial stop and take profit but it will not perform my trailing stops and until last saturday when everything was working perfect I had no problems. when I run the strategy tester the program works just fine but the demo account and my live accounts don't move the stops. I have three different computers running the program one on windows xp and the other two on acer notebooks running windows 7. Please help!!! can I roll back to the previous version until the next version comes out?

jekyo:

jekyo 2012.10.06 03:54edit | delete
I have a problem with my newest live update to 438 on Oanda. I have an EA that used to work just fine and now it will buy/sell as programed and set the intial stop and take profit but it will not perform my trailing stops and until last saturday when everything was working perfect I had no problems. when I run the strategy tester the program works just fine but the demo account and my live accounts don't move the stops. I have three different computers running the program one on windows xp and the other two on acer notebooks running windows 7. Please help!!! can I roll back to the previous version until the next version comes out?
Hi, only my idea on that. As with any client update also the Brokers servers are upgraded to cover the new programming changes of client (or reverse) any roll back in client builds might cause other problems as maybe now some functions are differently interpreted at the upgraded Server! So if using any older version I recommend to test deeply your EA before get it working live with an older build on an upgraded server. I use also EA's and found sometimes using the same idea that my EA's habit was not as before which shows me that there is maybe only a small if at all downwards in build means compatibility, which is somehow logical for me. Hope that soon provides a new better working build, as it seems they already test with some Brokers newer builds. See my post from 2012.09.30 13:48 above.

WebFox:
Hi, only my idea on that. As with any client upda--------- above.
Sorry that red underlining wasn't intended. How that happend I don't know nor do I understand how it happend. Sad that this forum does not allow editing own posts. Again, I am sorry, I pasted an extern written text, and did post it.
Reason: