New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 438 - page 5

WebFox:
Sorry that red underlining wasn't intended. How that happend I don't know nor do I understand how it happend. Sad that this forum does not allow editing own posts. Again, I am sorry, I pasted an extern written text, and did post it.
You can edit your own posts for a while after posting . . . I fixed your post for you. :-)

Thanks a lot RaptorUK. Now I have seen also that edit | delete. Understand now better how it works here.

Dear mt4 developers,

Please tell us, is it so difficult for you to create an option for a custom spread value in the strategy tester?

It is a nightmare for professional EA developers like me, to test strategies trough the weekend with spreads like 10 pips for eur/usd.

The strategy tester is almost useless trough the weekend and this for some stupid little thing like this.

Please consider this for the next update!

Autotrader:

Dear mt4 developers,

Please tell us, is it so difficult for you to create an option for a custom spread value in the strategy tester?

It is a nightmare for professional EA developers like me, to test strategies trough the weekend with spreads like 10 pips for eur/usd.

The strategy tester is almost useless trough the weekend and this for some stupid little thing like this.

There are several documented ways to address this issue on this very Forum. Of course as you are a Professional Developer I would have thought it would be easy for you to code your own work around to this little problem.

Autotrader:

Dear mt4 developers,

There is a solution for this problem here. https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124778

It works great for me.

Enjoy

RaptorUK:
There are several documented ways to address this issue on this very Forum. Of course as you are a Professional Developer I would have thought it would be easy for you to code your own work around to this little problem.

Is this the official answer of Metaquotes?

Autotrader:
Is this the official answer of Metaquotes?
Nope, it is the official answer of me . . .

RaptorUK:
Nope, it is the official answer of me . . .

Are you related with Metaquotes? I would like to pose this directly to Metaquotes.

Autotrader:

Dear mt4 developers,

I use http://mt4i.com developer tools. There you can find (after registration for free) a nice tool that allows you to control not only Spread. Most important you can run it all times 7/24 with different spreads, without to disturb any running charts spreads, or live trading, even during trading hours. I do not expect that MQL will add any spread control to its tester soon or at all. They could have done it already many years ago...

Autotrader:
Are you related with Metaquotes? I would like to pose this directly to Metaquotes.

Nope, I am a voluntary Moderator . . .

If you want to pose it to Metaquotes register on www.mql5.com and use the service desk

Reason: