Is the 2GB limit for FXT files still around?

My fxt file has 3.7GB and the strategy tester finished the test successfully with trades executed throughout entire "From" - "To" testing period. MT4 version: 445. Has the 2GB limit been fixed? If so, when? I can't find any official statement/confirmation.

fxjozef:
My fxt file has 3.7GB and the strategy tester finished the test successfully with trades executed throughout entire "From" - "To" testing period. MT4 version: 445. Has the 2GB limit been fixed? If so, when? I can't find any official statement/confirmation.
It would be nice if it had but I've seen no mention of it either.

The symptom of the 2GB limit I'm aware of is that the strategy tester finished the test before reaching the "To" date ignoring any ticks after 2GB. Are there any other known symptoms I could check to see if the 2GB issue is still present?

fxjozef:
The symptom of the 2GB limit I'm aware of is that the strategy tester finished the test before reaching the "To" date ignoring any ticks after 2GB. Are there any other known symptoms I could check to see if the 2GB issue is still present?
Not that I am aware of,  are you using the TDS ? if you don't know what it is then you aren't using it,  I have read that it takes the limit upto 200GB for a single FXT file.

No, I'm not using TDS (guessing you mean Tick Data Suit). Just a plain standard MT4 generated fxt.

Hi,

I have discovered the same situation as fxjozef, i.e. that the fxt file size limit of 2GB appears not to exist now!  Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Thanks.

~DV

dark_voyager:

Hi,

I have discovered the same situation as fxjozef, i.e. that the fxt file size limit of 2GB appears not to exist now!  Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

Certainly seems to be the case, my test run produced a  3.10 GB fxt file and the test ran from start to finish.

There are two 2GB limitations.

1. Sequential read/write like FXT: The 2GB file length limit is a 32 bit OS limitation. Run a 64 bit OS
  2. Random reading (position seek.) Requires a 64 bit application for offsets beyond 2GB.

WHRoeder:
The 2GB file length limit is a 32 bit OS limitation. Run a 64 bit OS (Win 7)
It was a MT4 limitation even with a x64 system.  

RaptorUK:

Certainly seems to be the case, my test run produced a  3.10 GB fxt file and the test ran from start to finish.

Hi Raptor,

If this is the case, it certainly is BIG NEWS!  Do you have any idea why it hasn't received a major announcement or attention?

Cheers!

~DV

dark_voyager:

Hi Raptor,

If this is the case, it certainly is BIG NEWS!  Do you have any idea why it hasn't received a major announcement or attention?

I don't know for a fact why not,  I can only speculate . . .  perhaps it was a byproduct of something else and not an intended fix,  compiler update/upgrade,  change in compiler options, etc.
Reason: