Is Win2K abandoned?

Hi all!

Yesterday I tried to install MT4 on Windows 2000. But no matter how many times i doubledclicked the setup-file it never started.

So i installed it on another computer with XP and copied it to Win2K. (no error here, the setup works fine).

when launching the terminal on Win2K, it makes a flash (Goes up and abandoned shuts down)

With many cursings and swearing, I try to 'downgrade' the system to 416 (from 432), and now it works like a charm.

The downside is that I can't update it, due to instant crash when launched again.

Has anyone else got this problem, and found a solution?

I've experienced the same problem since the moment that the installation file went smaller (from +5 MB to the current 455 kb), so make sure you get your hands on that large installation file and store it on a save space. After it's installation you can run live update without any problems. Here I have version 4.00 build 432 running on Win2K Professional, SP 4.

So in short, always use the old large installer!

HTH

VirtualReal:

I've experienced the same problem since the moment that the installation file went smaller (from +5 MB to the current 455 kb), so make sure you get your hands on that large installation file and store it on a save space. After it's installation you can run live update without any problems. Here I have version 4.00 build 432 running on Win2K Professional, SP 4.

So in short, always use the old large installer!

HTH

Ok, I'll try searching around for the large installer then. (or do you know where I can download it?)

Thank you!

enotrek:

Ok, I'll try searching around for the large installer then. (or do you know where I can download it?)

Thank you!

I couldn't find a source in a finger snap, so I placed my MB Trading version on a download page.
Please note that this distribution is modified for trading on their ECN platform, more details on http://www.mbtrading.com/metatrader4.aspx (most important, you can't send stops with the Ordersend() command)
You need a decompressor like 7zip or Winrar to extract it.

https://skydrive.live.com/? cid=a1e02acbc936f9e5#cid= A1E02ACBC936F9E5&id= A1E02ACBC936F9E5!108

HTH!

Reason: