Alternative to iHigh(), iLow(), etc - page 2

RaptorUK:

Sure I get the analogy, but in this case it is bit like comparing a spanner to a hammer when used to tighten a nut, why would anyone use the hammer if they knew the spanner existed ?

Probably historical.

1. Thinking one TF only - High[]/Low[]
  2. Allow access to other TFs - iHigh(), iLow()
  3. Slow access and allow easier access, use of XXOnArray() - double H[]; ArrayCopySeries(H, p,t);
  4. Need to pass all of the chart to DLLs - double acr[][6]; ArrayCopyRates(acr, p,t);
Once created, you don't remove them and break existing code. Result multiple ways to do the same thing.

RaptorUK:

I assume that for iHigh() to be so slow it must be looking at the hst files.

I think my assumption is way off . . . I just coded up some replacement iTime(), iHigh(), iLow(), etc functions . . . my replacements were no better and in some cases worse. I guess there is a trade-off to be made of speed for flexibility. Live and learn. :-)

RaptorUK:

I think my assumption is way off . . . I just coded up some replacement iTime(), iHigh(), iLow(), etc functions . . . my replacements were no better and in some cases worse. I guess there is a trade-off to be made of speed for flexibility. Live and learn. :-)

if your replacement functions were worse then you need to do some debugging.

but, it is entirely possible that you can write custom versions of these functions and they might seem to function exactly the same.

but this is absolutely not the case.

when you have complete control over the internals of these functions, you are in the driver's seat.

when you want to add functionality that checks for special types of errors, trust me that the people that use those built in functions will not have that option at their disposal.

this business of trading really needs to be handled by engineers that get retarded about details.

early into this project, i read an article on the front page of the wall street journal...

it said that the majority of billion dollar plus funds lose an average of ten percent per year.

a successful engineer in this business of trading doesnt even need to think twice about a decision like this...

he does not mind going the distance.

he does not mind enduring any hardship.

and he does not mind.

he aint nobody's bunny rabbit.

your trading pal,

zero/.

smoknfx:
he does not mind going the distance.Please leave and go far away.
he does not mind enduring any hardship.And don't come back.
and he does not mind.I'm glad you don't mind.
he aint nobody's bunny rabbit.Is insane.
your trading pal,No pal of mine.

smoknfx: Is a troll, a babbling troll, more babble
Please do not feed the troll.
When you respond, you give the troll power. When you ignore the troll, he starves for attention and eventually dies.

the above post is absolutely rude.

the above post is offensive.

the rules of this forum state that offensive posts will be a violation of this forum's rules and that said posts will be removed.

kind regards,

zero/.

notice that these people feel like they can be so awesomely rude to me, see above post...

and the moderators that work for metaquotes, they do nothing about it.

i do not know why.

but then i post a fairly innocent post about somebody and that they might be a sock puppet and the moderator comes unhinged.

he tells me that he will not tolerate that kind of thing.

you know what?

i am so concerned.

apparently the moderator missed mr whroeder's above post, omg.

but the reality is that he missed no thing.

he is not only aware of the things that mr whroeder is saying, but he is fully aligned with mr whroeder and mr whroeder's actions.

whatever.

zero/.

Rude: Is a curious word . What does it mean? Different people from different background are going to feel differently on what they read and see posted. When you see something you regard as rude your emotional respose can go from mild irritation to outright fury. The rational mind accepts that it may not like the way other people behave. After all for some posting pictures not relivant to the forum might be consider rude and a waste of space to others they will be amusing diversions. Rude is a personal perception. Now ask yourself what am I here for and is this the right forum for me. You are going to be in a forum full of people who are masters of the craft to people who have no clue.

Forum ettiquette: I don't know a formal statement for this but forgive and forget would be high on my list. Ignore flaming/rude and boasting behavour posts and posters who behave in this way. Posting off topic or commenting on how you think others may respond to a post would be anoying. Defend yourself if you must but only for about three posts, but you are probably among your equals or betters anyway no matter how good you think you are. Remember you don't know the other persons background or what sort of things have happened in their life so don't assume you know or understand other posters. Criticise by posting your answer to a badly answered question, this will bring more respect that simply saying how awful the answer is.

Saying how awful answers are or how bad people are behaving is troll behaviour where they are hoping upset the forum and start laughing at the storm they are making while being all superiour sitting in front of their computer. If you are being told you are a troll then the person saying this is warning you that the post you are making are seen as posts intended to make trouble.

if you make sensible posts and stay to encourge the less experienced then that would be seen and good remarks follow.

Sit around and complain about how unfair the world or this forum is and you will probably be ignored.

RaptorUK:

So I reworked my latest EA to eliminate some of the iHigh(), iLow(), iTime() calls, where I could . . . it didn't make a noticable difference. I run in visual mode so I can collect chart grabs for all the trades the EA makes, the biggest difference I achieved was to minimise MT4 during the run, this reduced a 2 month run from 7 mins 40 secs to 1 min 48 secs.

smoknfx:

the above post is absolutely rude.It is you that is rude. You are a Troll
the above post is offensive.It is you that is offensive. You are a Troll
You even bitched about me in a thread I hadn't seen yet You are a TROLL
smoknfx: Is a troll, a babbling troll, more babble, premptive Trolling
Please do not feed the troll.
When you respond, you give the troll power. When you ignore the troll, he starves for attention and eventually dies.
Reason: