Help Please

I am submitting expert as a seller of product, to the market. Not sure how to hide the settings. I was told to hard code it. Not to use my settings as default inputs, would not that effect it's performance, which is based on my settings?

What does that mean to hard code, in meta editor?

Can users place the expert in editor or is it protected from that?

Can moderators see the code?

Also which file do I submit as a version?

What is the best way to submit product, with strategy settings hidden. They ask for the expert file inversion, what stops users from going into expert, and discovering settings, and strategy?

Once a product is submitted, it may take 30 days to go on market. How is it possible to offer the signal/product, direct to brokers customers who will try it, ahead of waiting on community? Or is it possible?

Thanks

Hi KenMcCormick,:

Are you talking about Market service? I am not moderating Market service so other moderators will correct me if I am wrong.

First of all, I want to say that deiscussion about Market products are prohibited on the forum.

I am submitting expert as a seller of product, to the market. Not sure how to hide the settings. I was told to hard code it. Not to use my settings as default inputs, would not that effect it's performance, which is based on my settings?

I think - they told you to provide ex5 code which you receive when you compile your EA in MertaEditor. As to the settings so - yes, the performance of the EA during the trading are fully connected with the settings. So, before compilling the EA - change (in MetaEditor) the settings in the code to most appropriate ones (according to your opinion for example). Of course, you can compile many times if you want for example. Anyway - the members (who buy your EA for example) will be able to create their own settings anyway

What does that mean to hard code, in meta editor?

I am not sure exactly but I think - yes.

Can users place the expert in editor or is it protected from that?

Your ex5 file? They can not. MetaEditor is used to compile files (to convert them from source open codes to ex5 files; MT5 is using ex5 files). MetaEditor can not open ex5 files. If someone can open ex5 file so this person is the hacker and it is fully illegal case.

Can moderators see the code?

ex5 compiled file? Not, they can not. (read my explanation above).

Also which file do I submit as a version?

I do not know sorry.

What is the best way to submit product, with strategy settings hidden. They ask for the expert file inversion, what stops users from going into expert, and discovering settings, and strategy?

I do not know. I am not a coder so I have nothing to sell on the Market :) I am just buying the products. So, as  buyer - I should prefer to see the settings fo the EA to be opened because I will want to create those settings by myself (I will want to have my settings). But it is my personal sorry ... anyway - the settings/parameters may be universal ones ... you can just name them in any way.

Or hide them ... so I do not know ...

Once a product is submitted, it may take 30 days to go on market. How is it possible to offer the signal/product, direct to brokers customers who will try it, ahead of waiting on community? Or is it possible?

if you open Metatrader 5 or Metatrader 4 so you see (or will see) Market there in most of the cases (depends on the broker) so everybody who is using Metatrader - they will see your products and will buy if they want so.

Of course, any promotion of any signal or Market products are prohibited on the forum, but you can use your profile here for promotion, your can go to the other forums, you can create your blogs (any blogs) and place widget there ... twitter and more and more ... I have experience with promotion so I can share my experience if necessary

Most important thing is the following: people should buy your product. If not so ... what we are talking here about :)

newdigital:

Hi KenMcCormick,:

Are you talking about Market service? I am not moderating Market service so other moderators will correct me if I am wrong.

First of all, I want to say that deiscussion about Market products are prohibited on the forum.

I think - they told you to provide ex5 code which you receive when you compile your EA in MertaEditor. As to the settings so - yes, the performance of the EA during the trading are fully connected with the settings. So, before compilling the EA - change (in MetaEditor) the settings in the code to most appropriate ones (according to your opinion for example). Of course, you can compile many times if you want for example. Anyway - the members (who buy your EA for example) will be able to create their own settings anyway

I am not sure exactly but I think - yes.

Your ex5 file? They can not. MetaEditor is used to compile files (to convert them from source open codes to ex5 files; MT5 is using ex5 files). MetaEditor can not open ex5 files. If someone can open ex5 file so this person is the hacker and it is fully illegal case.

ex5 compiled file? Not, they can not. (read my explanation above).

I do not know sorry.

I do not know. I am not a coder so I have nothing to sell on the Market :) I am just buying the products. So, as  buyer - I should prefer to see the settings fo the EA to be opened because I will want to create those settings by myself (I will want to have my settings). But it is my personal sorry ... anyway - the settings/parameters may be universal ones ... you can just name them in any way.

Or hide them ... so I do not know ...

if you open Metatrader 5 or Metatrader 4 so you see (or will see) Market there in most of the cases (depends on the broker) so everybody who is using Metatrader - they will see your products and will buy if they want so.

Of course, any promotion of any signal or Market products are prohibited on the forum, but you can use your profile here for promotion, your can go to the other forums, you can create your blogs (any blogs) and place widget there ... twitter and more and more ... I have experience with promotion so I can share my experience if necessary

Most important thing is the following: people should buy your product. If not so ... what we are talking here about :)

Thanks, I appreciate your help. If I can not get help with products hre, where would I get it?

As far as promo, I have Brokers waiting for my strategies. once I get them on the platform, I will contact them and let them know.

So are you saying signals being leased can not be open in metaeditor by subscriber, but inputs can be a changed in experttester? If changed would also change performance, correct?

KenMcCormick:

Thanks, I appreciate your help. If I can not get help with products hre, where would I get it?

As far as promo, I have Brokers waiting for my strategies. once I get them on the platform, I will contact them and let them know.

So are you saying signals being leased can not be open in metaeditor by subscriber, but inputs can be a changed in experttester? If changed would also change performance, correct?

I am not talking about signals (subscribers can not see your EA in Signals, and can not see your settings).

I am talking about the Market (in case you want to sell your EA for example).

If you decide to open the settings so yes - your buyers will see it (buyers = memb ers who bought your EA on the Market). if you decide to hide the settings so they will not see it 9and will not change).

But please note - I never sold anything on the Market (because I am not a coder) - I have nothing to sell. But I was buying some products and that it is just my experience only.

newdigital:

I am not talking about signals (subscribers can not see your EA in Signals, and can not see your settings).

I am talking about the Market (in case you want to sell your EA for example).

If you decide to open the settings so yes - your buyers will see it (buyers = memb ers who bought your EA on the Market). if you decide to hide the settings so they will not see it 9and will not change).

But please note - I never sold anything on the Market (because I am not a coder) - I have nothing to sell. But I was buying some products and that it is just my experience only.

Are you saying then, selling a EA product is different than a signal, I can sell the EA Product or lease it as a signal?

Where do I get more insight about this, I do not want to break any rule here.

When you buy one, I assume you would want the settings with it? Would you buy one that you could not change settings, or prefer one where you could change?

Thanks

newdigital:

You can seel it on the Market, or use it as the Signal.

======

How to Become a Signals Provider for MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5

How to Subscribe to Trading Signals

Advantages of MQL5 Signals

Promotion - MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 Trading Signals Widget

and more here.

======

Market :

How to Post a Product in the Market

and more here.

======

You should read ... we are all same here ...

Thanks

I do read the documentation, but it is not so obvious to what I should, and should not, and/or can, and can not do. I will continue until I fully understand, I need to code my premo strategy, it will produce billions in profit, if I can code it right. But I am new to coding. This software by Metaquotes is the best, so I am confident I will be able to use it, to accomplish great things.

Reason: