Problem with Charts

I have been using MT4 some time with a demo account with a broker. Lately, I am facing problems with chart displays. There are discontinuities with whole blocks of

bars missing from displays. When I reinstalled MT4, the charts were OK, but soon the problem reappeared. I find MT4 help is not descriptive enough to resolve this issue myself.

I would like a reply with an explanation of how chart history data is handled win MT4 so that I could resolve this type of issue. I am posting a problem chart with this.

Regards

Nimsri

Ask your Broker why they are not supplying M15 data for the 29th March . . . they will probably say "We are"

What do you have Tools>Options>Charts Max bars in chart & Max bars in history set to ?

RaptorUK:

Ask your Broker why they are not supplying M15 data for the 29th March . . . they will probably say "We are"

What do you have Tools>Options>Charts Max bars in chart & Max bars in history set to ?

Many thanks for your reply but the problem was not in the parameters you mentioned. I researched a bit and found a solution. The problem was with the EURUSD M15 history data of the broker's

and the problem persisted even when I repeatedly downloaded M15 data from history centre. Apparently broker's M15 history data was corrupt. Fortunately, broker's M1 history data had no problems so I downloaded that data and using period converter script created M15 history myself.

BTW this is the first time I used period converter script and I learned that we can create charts with non-standard time frames using that script. I am mentioning these details to help anyone having a similar problem.

Regards

nimsri:

Many thanks for your reply but the problem was not in the parameters you mentioned. I researched a bit and found a solution. The problem was with the EURUSD M15 history data of the broker's

and the problem persisted even when I repeatedly downloaded M15 data from history centre. Apparently broker's M15 history data was corrupt. Fortunately, broker's M1 history data had no problems so I downloaded that data and using period converter script created M15 history myself.

BTW this is the first time I used period converter script and I learned that we can create charts with non-standard time frames using that script. I am mentioning these details to help anyone having a similar problem.

Regards

Just a note for the future . . . the data you download from the History center is not your Brokers data . . . it comes directly from Metaquotes . . . if you want to do some backtesting in the Strategy tester a mix of your Brokers data and data from Metaquotes may well lead to data issues . . .

Glad you found a solution though :-)

Reason: