Beta Version of MetaTrader 4 IDE Including New MQL4 Compiler and Editor - page 3

angevoyageur:
Great, it's very clear. I think you are right and I hope MQ will change the documentation in that way.
Yes. We will

Rosh:
You can go on with you favorite approach in coding of EA and indicators. Nobody make you use new features from OOP - classes, structires etc.

MT4 is getting more complicated for every update.. also more annoying.

But I hope old .ex4 indicator such as THV4 TzPivotsD (Black).ex4, #Signal_Bars_v10a.ex4, or else still able to run in this latest MT4 released.... Not every indicator come up with MQL4 code,,, so might can't do anything if theres compatibility problem..

widhie75:

MT4 is getting more complicated for every update.. also more annoying.

But I hope old .ex4 indicator such as THV4 TzPivotsD (Black).ex4, #Signal_Bars_v10a.ex4, or else still able to run in this latest MT4 released.... Not every indicator come up with MQL4 code,,, so might can't do anything if theres compatibility problem..

From: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/13651/page9#comment_585784

Renat:

Since a large amount of change, we will conduct public tests on our forums for two months, without letting in LiveUpdate.

Our task - to prepare for the development, test the compatibility of existing programs and reach the release.

Of course, all the old programs are compatible with the new language. But a certain amount of problems still appear - that is why we are launching public tests.

All the old EX4 files from the old compiler fully supports the new version of the terminal as before.

Бета версия MetaTrader 4 IDE, включающая в себя новый компилятор MQL4 и редактор
Бета версия MetaTrader 4 IDE, включающая в себя новый компилятор MQL4 и редактор
  • www.mql5.com
Теперь при досрочном вычислении логического выражения оставшиеся подвыражения не вычисляются.

/QUoTE/
Our task - to prepare for the development, test the compatibility of existing programs and reach the release.

Of course, all the old programs are compatible with the new language. But a certain amount of problems still appear - that is why we are launching public tests.

All the old EX4 files from the old compiler fully supports the new version of the terminal as before.

/QUOTE

So.. Admin & moderator...

Please give us direct link for latest full MetaTrader 4 Terminal IDE BETA version (not just Meta Editor IDE).

I want to test all my old/current .ex4 indicators, after that I will report compatibility issue here (if any).

widhie75:

/QUoTE/Of course, all the old programs are compatible with the new language. But a certain amount of problems still appear - that is why we are launching public tests.

All the old EX4 files from the old compiler fully supports the new version of the terminal as before. /QUOTE

So.. Admin & moderator...

Please give us direct link for full MetaTrader 4 IDE BETA version (not just Meta Editor IDE).

I want to test my old/current .ex4 indicators, after that I will report compatibility issue here (if any).

There is no MT4 IDE beta version, only MetaEditor and compiler. MT4 terminal beta will be release around mid-september.

The next IDE beta version has been uploaded to its regular place.

What's new:

1. The values of the same-name MQL4/MQL5 enumerations are perceived correctly (the values of MQL4 enumeration members may be different from the ones of the same-name members of the similar MQL5 enumerations).
  2. Period variable is not an enum type and Period() function does not return enum type in MQL4 due to the fact that offline charts having any time frame are possible in MT4 client terminal. int type is used instead of ENUM_TIMEFRAME type. Also, all MQL4 system functions receiving the time frame value as a parameter accept it as int type.
  3. Fixed handling the calls of some similarly-named MQL4/MQL5 functions having different parameter sets.
  4. Added MQL4 FileOpenHistory function.
  5. Due to changing priorities of logical operations, the warning is displayed in case AND/OR logical operators are simultaneously used in the same expression if order of evaluation using parentheses is not set explicitly. The warning is issued both in MQL4 and MQL5 similar to standard Lint.

I don't know why Metaquote is spending so much resource into upgrading MQL4 into C++ style language while the millions of users are still struggling with C style language.

Why not spend more resource into creating a strategy builder which can generate the code to MQL4 language? That is, make it easier for traders to quickly create an EA or indicator by just creating a simple flow chart. The user can then specify each condition in the flow chart using minor programming knowledge.

kono1:

I don't know why Metaquote is spending so much resource into upgrading MQL4 into C++ style language while the millions of users are still struggling with C style language.

Why not spend more resource into creating a strategy builder which can generate the code to MQL4 language? That is, make it easier for traders to quickly create an EA or indicator by just creating a simple flow chart. The user can then specify each condition in the flow chart using minor programming knowledge.

There is already the MQL5 Wizard to build EA, once mql4 will be upgraded to use OOP, it should be possible to adapt the Wizard to generate code for mql4/MT4 too.
MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming
MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Do you want to try out a trading strategy while wasting no time for programming? In MQL5 Wizard you can simply select the type of trading signals, add modules of trailing positions and money management - and your work is done! Create your own implementations of modules or order them via the Jobs service - and combine your new modules with existing ones.

That is a cool tool in MT5, but my broker is still on MT4. I wish something similar to that was available in MT4.

Just wondering if I generate the code on MT5 and compile in the new IDE for MT4, would that work? 

kono1:

That is a cool tool in MT5, but my broker is still on MT4. I wish something similar to that was available in MT4.

Just wondering if I generate the code on MT5 and compile in the new IDE for MT4, would that work? 

Not, mql5 isn't compatible with mql4, and that will remain. Trading functions are very different.
Reason: