Beta Version of MetaTrader 4 IDE Including New MQL4 Compiler and Editor - page 2

CoNieCo:
And as you do not know anything about programming? Then this is not for me "not difficult".
I have to have someone to adjust to the new rules. And pay.

It seems to me that you should not ignore these users.

Warrnings and errors indicated by the compiler, it shows where he is wrong, but not always describe what is wrong. With a little knowledge of programming language mql5, for a simple user is a big barrier.

Why do you need to recompile your EA ?  

Rosh:

Older written EA will work in the new MetaTrader 5. 

I guess you mean the new MetaTrader 4 ?

Rosh:
We are providing new version of MQL4 reference within several weeks. For the present you can use both documentation - MQL4 and MQL5.
Please Rosh this is very important,  how will the changes to the documentation be recorded in the documentation ?  will there be a note stating what has changed on each page ?  how will users know what has changed ?

RaptorUK:
I guess you mean the new MetaTrader 4 ?
Thank you ;) Fiexed

RaptorUK:
Please Rosh this is very important,  how will the changes to the documentation be recorded in the documentation ?  will there be a note stating what has changed on each page ?  how will users know what has changed ?
We will provide new MQL4 Reference

Rosh:
We will provide new MQL4 Reference
Yes of course,  but will there be a changelog on each page where there have been changes ?

RaptorUK:
Yes of course,  but will there be a changelog on each page where there have been changes ?
Can you explain why do you think it's important ?

angevoyageur:
Can you explain why do you think it's important ?
We have a forum here:  mql4 forum  with many, many posts, most relate to the current version of mql4,  many are useful source of information and reference material and many will also link to the documentation.  Their value is only maintained if the context relating to the documentation at the time they were written is known,  how can this be established ?  many ways, but for example: a collapsible changelog on each page of the documentation that has been changed,  in the case of the datetime this would state that on a certain date and ME and Terminal build numbers the datetime was changed from 4 bytes to 8 bytes.  This makes the documentation relevant to posts written before and after the change as they can be read in the correct context.  

Another example,  but not related to the ME change is iBarShift(),  the documentation is very ambiguous, clarity can be found looking at the Russian version and translating it,  this has been discussed at length,  if this documentation were changed without including a changelog all the discussion that has taken place will be rendered invalid and would just server to confuse new readers.
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Client Terminal Properties - Documentation on MQL5

RaptorUK:

Another example,  but not related to the ME change is iBarShift(),  the documentation is very ambiguous, clarity can be found looking at the Russian version and translating it,  this has been discussed at length,  if this documentation were changed without including a changelog all the discussion that has taken place will be rendered invalid and would just server to confuse new readers.
Another example:  this post is currently correct but after the change it will be incorrect:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/126961/page2#342502  datetime will be 8 bytes and not 4 bytes  with a changelog on the page covering datetime this post can be put in context.
DateTime() - MQL4 forum
  • www.mql5.com
DateTime() - MQL4 forum

RaptorUK:
We have a forum here:  mql4 forum  with many, many posts, most relate to the current version of mql4,  many are useful source of information and reference material and many will also link to the documentation.  Their value is only maintained if the context relating to the documentation at the time they were written is known,  how can this be established ?  many ways, but for example: a collapsible changelog on each page of the documentation that has been changed,  in the case of the datetime this would state that on a certain date and ME and Terminal build numbers the datetime was changed from 4 bytes to 8 bytes.  This makes the documentation relevant to posts written before and after the change as they can be read in the correct context.  

Great, it's very clear. I think you are right and I hope MQ will change the documentation in that way.
Reason: