Alain Verleyen  
chandra100:
How to hedge in mt5 trading mechanism ?
What are you calling "hedging" ?
Balachandran Chandrasekar

angevoyageur:
What are you calling "hedging" ?

in mt4 i used to do. i place a sell order , but it goes in losing direction. then i open a buy order to contain the losses. floating loss remains the same until i lift any of the 2 orders. how to do similar thing in mt5. 

Simon Gniadkowski
Simon Gniadkowski  
chandra100:

in mt4 i used to do. i place a sell order , but it goes in losing direction. then i open a buy order to contain the losses. floating loss remains the same until i lift any of the 2 orders. how to do similar thing in mt5. 
You can't do this using one account with MT5. The newly placed Buy will partly or fully close the open Sell and you will have the resultant position left.

Also when you reply to a post from another person please type outside of the dashed line quote  box . . . 
RaptorUK:
You can't do this using one account with MT5. The newly placed Buy will partly or fully close the open Sell and you will have the resultant position left.

Also when you reply to a post from another person please type outside of the dashed line quote  box . . . 
thank u. thats what i wanted to clarify.
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
RaptorUK:

Anyway, this is not real hedging, this is locking. You can hedge a trade on a currency with a trade on another currency.

If you want to do it on the same currency this is locking. There is some brokers who provide diferent symbols for the same currency, like EURUSD and EURUSD.m, try to find them.

Kourosh Davallou
Kourosh Davallou  
chandra100:
You two currencies that are correlated with use in deals.
Dua Yong Rew
Dua Yong Rew  
chandra100:
use 2 mt5 account
BHC
BHC  
trade across multiple currencies... e.g sell EURGBP, sell GBPUSD, buy EURUSD.
BHC:
trade across multiple currencies... e.g sell EURGBP, sell GBPUSD, buy EURUSD.
nice idea for cross pairs. but for major pairs ?
BHC
BHC  
chandra100:
nice idea for cross pairs. but for major pairs ?
what do you mean?
To add comments, please log in or register