Metatrader 4 Signal Lot Size not copied? - page 2

Param Singh:

Hello, This is my first Post so lets hope it works out!!!!

So, I am copying a Signal Service, The Person i am subscribed to has two open Trades! One has a Lot (Volume) size of 0.01 and the other trade is 0.02. BUT on my MT4 account it shows BOTH Trades as 0.01!!? Why is one of them not 0.02?

Thank You in Advance!

You can also use this free google form calculator to calculate your 'Deal Volume Ratio' and 'Copied lot' value. the calculation method is the same as in the article "Managing Funds or How to Select a Deal Volume"

Hello,

My MT4 stopped copying signal. It just says "Connecting to Signal server". does anyone have any idea what to do. This seems to be an MQL5 problem.

damilarebaker:

Hello,

My MT4 stopped copying signal. It just says "Connecting to Signal server". does anyone have any idea what to do. This seems to be an MQL5 problem.

Make sure that the signal you are copying is running normally.

Check your MT4 >> Tools >> Options >> Signals settings and synchronize with your VPS again.

Kagan Kok:

Thank you for your comment, it's very valuable.

I subscribed to a signal and I have the problem that the margin used by the operations is very small compared to the size of the account (approx 0.2%), therefore, the profit is also small. I would greatly appreciate any help that allows me to increase the margin of my operations.
Kind regards

fobos3_1:

Kind regards

read this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/11714
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
signal provider has minimal volume 0.01, subscriber has 0.10 - how to change minimal volume ????
  • www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...

Sergey Golubev #:

Asking about volume/lot size calculating for subscribers so I want to remind the follolwing:

1. This is one of the main link about calculating lot size for subscribers Signal Subscribers starting from the words "Copying Trading Operations, Volume Calculation"
  2. List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds :

=============

Signals: Changed the algorithm for calculation of the copied deal's volume in case a Signal Source and a Subscriber have different leverages:

Current algorithm: A deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 5 lots in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

New algorithm: If subscriber's leverage exceeds the one of the Signal Source, it does not affect a volume of a copied deal. Otherwise, the deal volume is changed in direct ratio to the correlation of a Signal Source's leverage with a Subscriber's one. 

It means that if a Signal Source having a leverage of 1:100 opens a deal of 1 lot, a Subscriber having a leverage of 1:500 will open a deal of 1 lot in case of 100% copying and a deposit matching by size and currency. A subscriber having a leverage of 1:10 will open a deal of 0.1 lots in similar conditions.

Hi Sergey 

Thanks for your contribution on this. What you explained is correct for cases when the Signal Source Levarage is higher than the Subscriber Leverage.

That happens with me. For that reason I stopped subscribing a signal and start subscribing a new signal. 

This new signal is called NEW 2000 and the Signal Source has a 1:200 leverage. My leverage is 1:300. But still, signal is opening a 0.34 lot size and in my account it only opens a 0.01 lot size. I cannot understand why that happens and how can I solve it. 

I would like to coppy exactly the same lot size as Signal Source. 

Attached pictures. 

Files:
1.png  6 kb
2.png  54 kb

diogomes_do #:

Hi Sergey 

Thanks for your contribution on this. What you explained is correct for cases when the Signal Source Levarage is higher than the Subscriber Leverage.

That happens with me. For that reason I stopped subscribing a signal and start subscribing a new signal. 

This new signal is called NEW 2000 and the Signal Source has a 1:200 leverage. My leverage is 1:300. But still, signal is opening a 0.34 lot size and in my account it only opens a 0.01 lot size. I cannot understand why that happens and how can I solve it. 

I would like to coppy exactly the same lot size as Signal Source. 

Attached pictures. 

Lot size for subscribers is automatically calculated based on the ration.
The ratio is automatically calculated as well, and you can know it from the journal, for example:

Signal '<..>': percentage for volume conversion selected according to the ratio of balances and leverages, new value <..>%

And the example of the calculation - look at post and some discussion is on this thread.

So, the ratio is the key with this situation (and it depends on balance of subscriber/provider, trading account leverage for subscriber/provider, symbol specification in subscriber's Metatrader, rounding, also - it depends on the following: are the subscriber using his trading account for some trades other than for subscribtion only, or not ...and more).

• www.mql5.com
In my journal, when i'm using VIACHI signal , i get this : 2013.04...
Reason: