Work on MetaEditor with multiScreen ?

Hey Guys,

How can I work on MetaEditor with multiScreen configuration ?

For exemple : Edit 2 files, with one file on the left screen and the second file on my right screen.

I have try to drag and drop the edition window, search in metaEditor options.

Is it just impossible ?

Thank's ;) 

wizmoisa:

Hey Guys,

How can I work on MetaEditor with multiScreen configuration ?

For exemple : Edit 2 files, with one file on the left screen and the second file on my right screen.

I have try to drag and drop the edition window, search in metaEditor options.

Is it just impossible ?

Thank's ;) 

I don't think it's possible. Unless there is an hidden way to open multiple MetaEditor instance ? It would be interesting.

angevoyageur:
I don't think it's possible. Unless there is an hidden way to open multiple MetaEditor instance ? It would be interesting.
I often have more than one ME open,  usually from different installations, but all my code is saved in a non MT folder structure.

RaptorUK:
I often have more than one ME open,  usually from different installations, but all my code is saved in a non MT folder structure.

From different installations, yes, but not for the same platform, so you don't have the same environment or you have to duplicate it.

One solution could be to use "Tile Vertically" and to extend MetaEditor window on both screen, not very useful though.

RaptorUK:

This solution is original Raptor ;) But not very comfortable to use no ? As you say you can't use MT folders

Most IDE software got a multiscreen feature (usually by drag 'n drop) and it's very useful for development convenience.

This feature should be appreciate by MQL community.

wizmoisa:

This solution is original Raptor ;) But not very comfortable to use no ? 

It's very comfortable for me to use,  but I primarily work with mql4.

It might be possible to do something with symbolic links so that 2 MEs from different installations can both access the same MT folder structure . . .  or what about copying a ME and renaming it to MetaEditor2.exe and then run MetaEditor.exe and MetaEditor2.exe from the same installation ?

RaptorUK:

It might be possible to do something with symbolic links so that 2 MEs from different installations can both access the same MT folder structure . . .  or what about copying a ME and renaming it to MetaEditor2.exe and then run MetaEditor.exe and MetaEditor2.exe from the same installation ?

Doesn't work. It still continue to open it only once.

RaptorUK:

Anyway a inbox feature is still preferable than some (good) tricks. MultiScreen edition is a basic feature for an IDE. I am working with several languages (C/C++/php/Rails ...) so I try loot of editions solutions and MT is the first without this capacity.

wizmoisa:
Anyway a inbox feature is still preferable than some (good) tricks. MultiScreen edition is a basic feature for an IDE. I am working with several languages (C/C++/php/Rails ...) so I try loot of editions solutions and MT is the first without this capacity.
We can try to make the suggestion to Metaquotes, you have to write to ServiceDesk.
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
Get in touch with developers using Service Desk!
  • www.mql5.com
We therefore attach great importance to all user reports about issues in our programs and try to answer each one of them.

angevoyageur:
Doesn't work. It still continue to open it only once.

When you are downloading another instance of terminal, use another folder such as C:\Meta 2, C:\Meta 3 .......and so on. And choose not to have the desktop icon, and always open it from the main folder. The relevant icon is "terminal" and it will have 2 graphs as icon.

HTH 

Shunmas:

When you are downloading another instance of terminal, use another folder such as C:\Meta 2, C:\Meta 3 .......and so on. And choose not to have the desktop icon, and always open it from the main folder. The relevant icon is "terminal" and it will have 2 graphs as icon.

HTH 

How do you compile code with included libraries ?  can you run the debugger ?
Reason: