Selling partial quanities

Hi there,

I am new to Forex & paper trading since 6 days using Demo accnt. I guess i can ask some MT4 related Qs here.

So my problem is like this.

Normally i never book profits once. i always book some % of it at each predifined level. This is my habit of trading in stocks. So i was thinking same here.

Say i am short 10.0 in EURUSD @1.2710 (sold all 10.0 at once) & my shorts are running in profit. So i want to book 2.0 @ each 30 pips down.

So i was wondering is it possible to place partial quantity buying order for single original short trade.

i.e. buy first 2.0@ 1.2680 then 2nd @ 1.2650 & so on till i reach buy all shorted quantity.

I treid to look for such option, but cudn't locate anything.

any help appreciated.

Logik

Just set the number of lots you want to sell and so long as it's above min lot andnot more than the total you hold, it will partial close. There is no built in function that scales out at predefined points, you would have to code one to do it. Search the code base and you will probably find something to suit.

V

@Viffer

I am not interested in coding. I find it difficult.

Viffer:

Just set the number of lots you want to sell and so long as it's above min lot andnot more than the total you hold, it will partial close.

No u can't.

I can't sell partial at predefined levels. Let me put things this way.

I sold 10.0 with particulate order no. xyz. So when i have to close the position, i right click it & choose close order & select type as Instant Execution. now i can sell Partial (some part of it), if i punch order @ market (instant execution). If u change type to pending order, it puts new order. If u choose modify order, then i can't edit the quantity field.

Logik:

@Viffer

I am not interested in coding. I find it difficult.

No u can't.

I can't sell partial at predefined levels. Let me put things this way.

I sold 10.0 with particulate order no. xyz. So when i have to close the position, i right click it & choose close order & select type as Instant Execution. now i can sell Partial (some part of it), if i punch order @ market (instant execution). If u change type to pending order, it puts new order. If u choose modify order, then i can't edit the quantity field.

Is that not what I said?

Viffer:

...There is no built in function that scales out at predefined points, you would have to code one to do it. ...

Given this is a site for coders, and your not interested in coding, you might be better off here...http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/. Even then, you are going to have to get something from the codebase...

if you have sold 10.0 you can play 5 buylimits and once all are filled you can use the mutiple close mode in the orderclose window. (broker must support hedging)

@Viffer.

Well as i said, i have to be there on the terminal if i have to sell partially. i can't set pending orders for the partial selling. try it urself.

Given this is a site for coders, and your not interested in coding, you might be better off here...http://www.metatrader4.com/forum/. Even then, you are going to have to get something from the codebase...

that forum is no more active, its read only.

Well i happened to chat with forex.com executive last week & he told me that i can't place 2 associated pending orders for 1 main executed order. i.e. partial buying/selling in form of pending orders is not allowed. strange thing. this feature is so common in equities market.

Reason: