AccountEquity() as indicator?

Hello,
it is very important for my to see my AccountEquity over the chart for my EA like an indikator. So I can see how my money is working on which time of the underlying. If it is better when the underlying goes up or goes down...

So I testet to put "AccountEquity()" into an indicator, but it doesn't work because it has no shift I think.

But I can write my AccountEquity on very time into an txt-File, so is there any possiblity to draw it into the chart?

That would be wounderful!!

Lot's of thanks, sunshineh

sunshineh wrote >>
Hello,
it is very important for my to see my AccountEquity over the chart for my EA like an indikator. So I can see how my money is working on which time of the underlying. If it is better when the underlying goes up or goes down...

So I testet to put "AccountEquity()" into an indicator, but it doesn't work because it has no shift I think.

But I can write my AccountEquity on very time into an txt-File, so is there any possiblity to draw it into the chart?

In EA form would it be a solution ?

you want to see your current accountequity at the moment on a corner of the chart or you want to see the evolution of your equity by printing equity on each bar ?

try this EA and tell me what you think, i'm really not sure what you ask for....

Files:
displayae.ex4  2 kb

Thank you very much for your answer, but I can't see how your EA works. I only get a "data matched error". I put it into my experts-Folder, and joice EURUSD, M5 and tried a backtest, but nothing happens.

I want to have an indicator which shows me my accountequity on every moment of the chart. So I can't see only the trades at a backtest of my EA, but also my accountequity printing as a chart at a separate window.

Perhaps I am stupid or havn't understand anything, but when I use the function AccountEquity() by programming my own indicator, I get every moment the value 5000 back in an backtest. When I write the AccountEquity()-Function into my EA it works right, but I can't see it as a chart.

On the graphical window of the backtest I see my money but in fixed steps for each trade an not as a graphic how my money works in which time.

I hope, you can understand my now!

THANK YOU

YES I understand but to complicated for nothing for me...

sorry good luck !

What do you mean with your answer.

Is it so complicated because you don't no any way for doing it

OR

do you don't want to help my because I don't want to pay money for you?

Do you know a way, how can I draw informations from an EXCEL or TXT File into a chart at the metatrader? Is there any possibility?

THANK YOU!

sunshineh:

OR

Do you know a way, how can I draw informations from an EXCEL or TXT File into a chart at the metatrader? Is there any possibility?

THANK YOU!

if (i_am==programmer && i_am==trader)

{task="has enough to do to code the own goals"}

else if (i_am!=programmer && i_am==trader)

{task="has enough time to ask other to do their work"}

else if ((i_am==know_nothing)&&(i_am_willing_topay==true))

{task="search_freelancer_websites";}

else {logoff=true;unregister=true;}

@meikel

I think this is a very flimsy excuse

sunshineh:

@meikel

I think this is a very flimsy excuse

excuse ?

i have to excuse that i dont wanna be your slave ?

ridiculous...

sunshineh wrote >>

OR

THANK YOU!

By me answer I mean that: I am a newbie too, I do program in MQL language since only 1 years and a half. I made alot of EA since, (all loosers in backtest but you can have a look to my reconsideration of the backtest feature of MT4 someplaces in this forum)

I do program only EA, no INDICATOR. I look at this forum as a member to see if I can contribute to the community because the community contributed alot to help me program what I can program. The difference is that I did not ask any questions on this forum on how to program anything because all the answers are in the forum or in the book (I read the book 2 times and that is what helped me the most) or in help file of MT4 you have more than enough of example to get what you want by yourself.

Now, as my hundreds of strategies seem to go anywhere for now (on the backtest!) and as I wait to produce my MEGA EA in MQL5 but i wait until the version of mq5 is stable enough because for now i am not really impress at all but maybe when the beta testing will be finish it will be better then ever (who knows?), I decided to watch the questions asked on this forum and try to answer to those that I can contribute with the small knolegde of MQL4 i do have. But on the other side, my mission is not to program for free for other people (i have a house and two cars to pay after all!) but explore new way to trade, new strategies, and at the same time learn to program new things and get better time after time. If i can help somebodi i think it is really a good thing, but when I dont see any interress to do something (like to program what you asked for) i do not learn what is missing to my knowledge to propgram it because I wont get anything for it

Sorry to tell that, but I dont see how seeing you account equity into a indicator in form of chart will make you a better trader. For me, this is only flafla and it wont imporve anything excexpt the load of the chart. So that is why my answer was: too difficult for nothing, wont learn how to program indicators only for this thing, as at my sence, all indic are include in the platform and it is enough for many successful traders...

what is the point to see: last bar my equity was this, before my equity was that, 3 bars ago my equity was another value.. ?

sunshineh wrote >>
Hello,

Hi

I think this what you want

have a look

Anthony

Files:
equity_v8.mq4  22 kb

sunshineh:
Hello,

Search for "Equity Recorder" here in the CodeBase/libraries section. It can filter by magic number and produce realtime-updated offline charts for the equity curves of individual strategies.
Reason: