Extracting Real Time data to external software

I have some charting software which is capable of handling Real Time data.

Is it possible to get a Forex Data feed from MetaTrader to use in our software ?

The information we would need to link to would be :

Date/Time, Open, High, Low, Close and Volume.

We would need various time frames and to be able extact about 300 historical bars together with a trigger for when the data is updated.

Is there an API, DLL, or OCX that could be used for this purpose ?

Thanks

John

need youself program a DLL for this.

DxdCn:

need youself program a DLL for this.

Thanks, but could you give me a bit more information.

i.e. what to program to what events/ methods are available ?

Are ther any instruction / manuals etc ?

John

Thanks, but could you give me a bit more information.

There is a Sample.DLL in the Samples directory.

i.e. what to program to what events/ methods are available ?

Use your imagination in coding the MT4 interface and send whatever you want from MT4 to the DLL

Are ther any instruction / manuals etc ?

There is the Sample.DLL to get you started. Beyond that, nothing in particular comes to mind.

Hi there,

You have couple of solutions to your problem:

- custom dll written in any of the supported languages. If you what is a dll, you know you have the absolute freedom of doing anything with the information you send in as parameter. If your software can read information from sockets only, they you have to build something able to send info in that manner
- use the available MetaTrader APIs to create / open / write to files on disk. Depending on what your software can do you may take this approach which is significantly simpler. Search on this forum to get a hand on such a custom indicator which is able to export all the information you describe.

Best Regards,
Evariste.

EvaristeGalois7:
Hi there,

You have couple of solutions to your problem:

- custom dll written in any of the supported languages. If you what is a dll, you know you have the absolute freedom of doing anything with the information you send in as parameter. If your software can read information from sockets only, they you have to build something able to send info in that manner
- use the available MetaTrader APIs to create / open / write to files on disk. Depending on what your software can do you may take this approach which is significantly simpler. Search on this forum to get a hand on such a custom indicator which is able to export all the information you describe.

Best Regards,
Evariste.

Has anyone done the opposite too? I mean from an external source into MetaTrader?

Yes, take any data you like and put it to an offline chart, which can be updated as often as necessary.

Reason: