Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 19

nondisclosure wrote >>

Has anyone found any documetation anywhere on how to utilize the mql5.dll file?

The same as in the mql4. Just do it

fai:

This is my MQL4 to MQL5 porting table .

Maybe useful for someone.

# ver.0.2

# Fixed a spelling error.

# Added extern,iMA,iMAOnArray.

Hello Fai:

I found your porting table very helpful in finding the Ask- and Buy Prices.

However I have trouble in getting the High[]-, Open[]-, Low[]- and Close[]-Prices...

Can you write an example as to how to get them, please???

I thank you in advance!

Not to upset you guys, but to be honest I expected more.........I don't see any principal changes in MT5 exept additional periods.........however even here it would be much more useful if the users could operate with any periods....as it is already realized in Tradestation or e-signal.........also tick and second charts would have been much appreciated..........moreover.....the market watch window has essentially remained the same......you could have add some additional feathers such as sorting by %range/change, filtering and e.t.c......and where is that damn quotes archive?????.....

stringo wrote >>

The same as in the mql4. Just do it

There is no mql4.dll. What are the specific calls to the mql5.dll?

I know how to call the dll calls in mq4, but I don't know what is in the mql5.dll

wvs:

Hello Fai:

I found your porting table very helpful in finding the Ask- and Buy Prices.

However I have trouble in getting the High[]-, Open[]-, Low[]- and Close[]-Prices...

Can you write an example as to how to get them, please???

I thank you in advance!

Those are available if you are writing an indicator. This is from the reference:

int OnCalculate (const int rates_total, // Size of input taymsery

const int prev_calculated, // Handle bars on a previous call

const datetime& time[], // Time

const double& open[], // Open

const double& high[], // High

const double& low[], // Low

const double& close[], // Close

const long& tick_volume[], // Tick Volume

const long& volume[], // Real Volume

const int& spread[] // Spread

);

Options open [], high [], low [] and close [] array contains the prices of opening, maximum, minimum prices and closing prices of the current timeframe.Setting time [] contains an array with the values of the time of opening, the parameter spread [] - array containing the story spreads (if the spread is provided for the trading instrument).Options volume [] and tick_volume [] contain the history of trade and the volume of teak.

To determine the direction of indexing of arrays time [], open [], high [], low [], close [], tick_volume [], volume [] and spread [], must call the function ArrayGetAsSeries(). In order not to depend on the default, you must surely call the function ArraySetAsSeries() for those arrays, which is expected to work.

-------------------

Thats all good if your building an indicator, but if you need it in a script or EA, you need to build your own arrays and keep them updated on every tick, or use the mt4timeseries functions I made available on previous pages.

What's the mean of "taymsery" or "taymseriey" in help file,Please?

bcsunwww wrote >>
What's the mean of "taymsery" or "taymseriey" in help file,Please?

It's "time-series".

If you have my google translated help file, please install again from https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe

New help file is in English.

fai wrote >>

It's "time-series".

If you have my google translated help file, please install again from https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe

New help file is in English.

Thanks very much.

Bug report

As I noticed, following functions seem to return always 0.00000...

SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE)

SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE)

SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_SWAP_LONG)

SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(),SYMBOL_SWAP_SHORT)

Reason: